• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switching launcher

myname

Jun 7, 2010
Hey there,

I've got a short question: currently I'm running adw.launcher but I want to try launcher pro ... So my question is: WHen I install launcherpro and set it as default launcher, should I uninstall adw.launcher to have better performance? And if yes, are my settings and homescreens kept when I want to switch back to adw.launcher some time?

I read about performance issues here somewhere, when adw.launcher with 5 full homescreens is running in background and somewhere, people stated one should remove all widgets from the homescreen before switching to a new launcher.

what to do?
thanks!

Homeswitcher, for what? It keeps them running in the background, so this is not, what I asked for, right?

I tried mybackup, but after restoring adw.launcher, the settings are completely gone, so probably it's just the apk file which gets backupped and not the settings/screens :(

titanium backup is no good for me since I'm not root ...

Upvote 0
Homeswitcher, for what? It keeps them running in the background, so this is not, what I asked for, right?

I tried mybackup, but after restoring adw.launcher, the settings are completely gone, so probably it's just the apk file which gets backupped and not the settings/screens :(

titanium backup is no good for me since I'm not root ...

no, homeswitcher does not keep them running in the background. it just makes it simple t switch between different home apps. it basically goes in and clear the default settings that you have and replaces them with the settings needed to launch the other home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones