• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Switching off the default calendar

westbros

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2010
I have switched to Calengoo as I had a few issues with the default Android calendar. Now I am getting duplicate calendar reminders, so I would like to find out how I switch off the default calendar so that I am only getting reminders from Calengoo. Both are set up to sync to my Google calendar. Thanks.

Turning off the default calendar program almost certainly requires root, and even then I'd approach with care (i.e. make sure nothing else depends on it). But you should be able to turn off notifications from the default calendar program.

In the actual default Android calendar you go into settings, select "set alerts and notifications", and turn the notifications off there. Unless you are using a custom ROM it will be the Sense calendar you have, so the setting may be somewhere else - it's a long time since I used Sense, so I don't remember - but there should be an equivalent setting in there somewhere.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones