Switching off the default calendarSupport

1. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member

I have switched to Calengoo as I had a few issues with the default Android calendar. Now I am getting duplicate calendar reminders, so I would like to find out how I switch off the default calendar so that I am only getting reminders from Calengoo. Both are set up to sync to my Google calendar. Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Turning off the default calendar program almost certainly requires root, and even then I'd approach with care (i.e. make sure nothing else depends on it). But you should be able to turn off notifications from the default calendar program.

In the actual default Android calendar you go into settings, select "set alerts and notifications", and turn the notifications off there. Unless you are using a custom ROM it will be the Sense calendar you have, so the setting may be somewhere else - it's a long time since I used Sense, so I don't remember - but there should be an equivalent setting in there somewhere.
  3. westbros

westbros Well-Known Member

Thanks. I've just changed the settings, and will see what happens.
  4. reallyeasy

reallyeasy New Member

When I tried this, that setting reinstated itself on android jelly bean each time I start my phone.
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Hi reallyeasy, and welcome to AF :)

Is that on a HTC Desire? If so, it's probably worth telling the ROM developer.
  6. nicka3200

nicka3200 Well-Known Member

Do you have a default reminder within your Google account? I mean within the online calendar settings. Could that affect the ROM calendar?