Switching Phones and Android Market

Last Updated:

1. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed some people swapping out their phones for 'issues'. How does this relate to the Android Market and apps you've purchased? If you swap to a new phone, will you be able to re-download apps we've paid for? or will we have to pay for it again?

Also, what if the phone has a zagg or some other type of shield? Will Sprint replace this? or are we out of luck and have to purchase again?

Thanks. I have the static in the earpiece issue ... we'll see how long I can last with that issue before it really gets on my nerves haha.

Advertisement
  2. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

I think you can as long as it isn't gameloft.. they control their own..

which would SUCK for me LOL :D

3. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Any app you paid for will show up with new phone. Moved to Evo from Hero. Only real pain is remembering free apps.

I would guess you probably will have to replace screen protector.

4. ballr4lyf

ballr4lyf Well-Known Member

Can't comment on the ZAGG issue, but your Android Marketplace purchased apps are tied in to your gmail account that you are using with your phone. So long as you use the same gmail account, your purchased apps will be under your "Downloads" tab in the Android Market. Free apps will have to be redownloaded.

5. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

make list on appbrain and keep it there :D I am so afraid of something happening to my phone and losing my good gameloft games.. of course I am that sucker will pay for them again..

4 games lol