Switching phones.....for the love of GodGeneral

Last Updated:

1. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can we please not start useless threads about which phone is better, or talking about why not to buy something...Its pointless...Honestly, I absolutely love my Dinc but when I read about how YOU hate it, suddenly I start to second guess myself. And I know I cant be the only one. Hell, I'd even go as far as saying that some people on here have returned a perfectly awesome phone because all anyone ever does is nit pick the smallest detail. I love this place, but its becoming a "the Droid X is better because", "Here's why the EVO rules" it does nothing except destroy an ANDROID based community. Maybe I'm out of line, and if so tell me. But this is just a frustration that I've been having. /endrant

Ps. I do love the threads about how much Apple sucks the teet :D

Advertisement
    ORRY?, sj24, Syv3n and 8 others like this.
  2. Ryan04

Ryan04 Active Member

can you tell me why the dinc is better than the X?

ted2go likes this.
  3. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

The phone guides are doing a pretty good job of merging/moving the Droid X threads however.

NNN, woop and TheGoatLantern like this.
  4. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

People just like to get the biggest and greatest thing and boast about it. I never second guessed my decision, I think the Droid Incredible is the best phone in the world. it has amazing specs and it's only going to get better in the future. :D

5. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

Why don't we just be thankful that with Android, we get a wide array of devices to suit all lifestyles and budgets? Additionally, we are lucky that we aren't locked into one man's idea of what my user experience should be, and I can customize my experience the way I want. That is why Android rocks, and any phone running Android, also rocks. No need for me to compare epenis's with fellow Android users, I have plenty of ipeople friends to do that with.

6. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth Well-Known Member

Nope, and I can't tell you why the x is better than the incredible either. I could give you a laundry list of reasons that the incredible is better for me but your gonna have to form your own opinion on which phone is better for you.

Both phones will suck at this time next year when I upgrade again anyway, so this whole discussion is pointless.

ORRY?, itsTee, ikediggety and 2 others like this.
  7. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

I do not think the OP claimed the Dinc is better. The rant is about the comparisons in general. I do not think anyone can say that the Dinc is better than the X. The Dinc is a great phone, but the specs on the X are of a greater value... mostly. The point is, these phones are more or less the same. It comes down to personal preferences, so making endless threads about which phones are the best is a bit annoying to some... I just ignore them. Except this one.

8. birthofahero

Case and point...

9. birthofahero

My argument is that we are clearly all Android lovers, so why must we belittle each others intelligence because we think a big ass screen makes all the difference? I have a screen too, and guess what? It does the same thing as yours.

Edit: Im not saying thats the only reason, I was just using the big ass screen as an example

10. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

This post is from the year 2020.

I have the htc epic incredible evolution 7g. Its fast! 20 core 10ghz processor, 20 gigs of ram, 1 terabyte storage,(should have got the 2 terabyte model =( ) 3d holographic projector, 1gigapixel cam front, with quad super led flash, .5 gigapixel front cam. Multitouch is a thing of the past, as now my phone can read my brainwaves as input, and notifications are sent directly to my brain. I have email alerts shut off though, because I'm tired of spam email alerting me all hours of the night. I have 3d holographic chat,(video chat replacement) my carrier is now sprint nextel verizon. (Merged). My phone also acts as a universal translator, so I can think a sentence and it is automagically translated to the language I desire.

Oh, and december 2012 was just a myth, nothing happened.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

11. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

I agree, while I'm having issues with my Inc's earpiece, it is an otherwise awesome device. But the excessive "X vs. insert device name here" posts are getting a little ridiculous, considering that likely only a very small handful of people on this site have even been in the presence of the X.

12. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

Your out of line sir! (j/k) :)

I don't really mind all the talk about the X. The X and Evo release are just so close to the DINC's release that I think the crazy amount of comparisons are to be expected. Add to that the Incredible is hard to come by due to back order and you have lots of folks contemplating what to do. Another factor is some people have had legitimate issues with their DINCs (I'm on my second, a refurb, which is better than my last, but having some radio and heat issues that my old one didn't). I just read another post where someone said they are on their third and it's perfect. So maybe 3rd times a charm for me as well :) I'm not giving up on the DINC just yet. It's best phone for me. The X is nice, but rather have the DINC.

All and all I'm excited about all the phones. One maufacturer ups their game, it forces others to do the same (be it Motorola, Apple, HTC, etc.). IMHO Verizon has always been known for the best network and a crappy selection of top shelf phones. That's all changed with the introduction of all the Android devices coming out. These are exciting times for us.

Edit: Forgot to mention; the X isn't even out yet. There are only a few reviews (there's a good one over on the X forums by a guy who got one off of ebay). He lists some good and bad things about it. So time will tell just how great it is.

Syv3n likes this.
  13. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Forum: A place for thoughtful discussion and debate.. (From me)

Pretty sure that discussing the differences between phones without bashing each other falls into this definition. Maybe if you're tired of reading about it, you shouldn't click on the topic. :)

androy likes this.
  14. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

That thing is sooo buggy. You should have held out for the new Nokia.

15. IOWA

Na, ever since nokia and apple merged, nokiapple keeps pushing that dead iOS9 on their phones, thank god they embraced android. Steve jobs jr is still annoying as hell.

Tapatalk. Htc epic incredible evolution 7G. Yep.

16. mik0r

mik0r Well-Known Member

How does one android phone compared to another android phone destroy an android community.

Useless rant thread, please to be locking thread now.

17. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

You don't need hands the size of Andre the Giant to hold it?;)

18. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

Seriously! I swear our generation is going to be the generation of carpal tunnel. I wouldn't doubt eventually we opt to turn in our own hands for mechanical ones with more functionality.

LOL- Droid INC hand extention better than Moto X hands. Lend me HAND to decide wawawawawa

19. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

I hated the damn iPhone boards. All they talked about was the damn iPhone. ;)

Seriously though, I like the fact that Android offers us so much choice. I do hope things don't get too fractured in the future though. By the way, the Htc Epic Incredible Evolution 7g is soooooo 2020. I'm getting me a Droid XX because it prints money.

20. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

FWIW, I'm tired of the threads too. Then again, this is a thread that debates the worthiness of all those threads bringing the topic of disdain back to the surface. :D

There is some merit to this idea and it's what I've been having to do lately:

Don't really give a hoot about the x because I will be with the DI long enough that by the time I switch, the x will be yesterdays news perhaps by several phones.

21. IOWA

Only monopoly money. Doesn't count unless you want to buy boardwalk

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

22. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Anybody want a peanut?

First thing that comes to mind when I hear Andre the Giant... ;)

ORRY?, varaonaid, Damn_Smooth and 2 others like this.
  23. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

hahahahahahahaha!

24. Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth Well-Known Member

Inconceivable!!!

25. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.