• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root switching root method

I rooted using a video i found on youtube. the process involved using unrevoked and amon_ra, i downgraded to 2.1 and loaded a stock sense 2.2. However, as i was exploring and reading up on roms i saw that many people said that unrevoked was a bad way to go due to some problems. So now im scared to load any roms/themes. is there a way for me to switch my root from the unrevoked method to the other method?

Once you're at 2.1 you can just use "simple root 3 click". That's what I did on the first time rooting. The second time I used unrEVOked 3.21 and installed the eng hboot. Both ways allowed me to flash any Rom that I desired, including CM6. Best of luck!

So ur using unrevoked 3.21 and have not run into any problems with any roms?

Upvote 0
You should be ok flashing Fresh, but if you're going to use the Fresh Updater, you'll need to switch to Amon RA as your recovery and configure the updater to look for updates. I did this through "rom manager". At the bottom of the "rom manager" application there is an option to "flash alternate recovery". The instructions for configuring Fresh Updater can be found on xda and flipz website Geek For Me – Sprint Evo 4g & CDMA Hero Home of Fresh ROM and CDMA Android Development

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones