Switching the SD's - how to move all data/apps?

Last Updated:

1. yury2808

yury2808 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all!

I've ordered the 16gb class 10 to replace the default 4gb one (using navigation alot), is there something which can help me to move to new card one easily?

I mean, with 2.2 - I moved all my apps to SD, and if I turn it off, would they just ... die somehow?

Or it's enough to just copy all content from old SD to my PC and then back to new one? No tricks?

ps. newbie on android, don't blame me :)

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. wickesy

wickesy Member

That's the way I did it and I had no problems at all. :)

3. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

Not sure how it works with apps on the sd card,but would like to know this myself.

Probably best to wait for someone to confirm before trying to do a straight switch.

4. liewbob

liewbob Well-Known Member

That's how I did it (2G SanDisk SD Card to PC folder to 16G Kingston Class 10) and it worked fine - in spite of the fact that at the same time I went from stock 2.1 rev 1 with the old radio but rooted with Unrevoked 3 to Skyrider 2.2 (Froyo).
    I also did a Titanium restore from the backup from my new card with the backup that I originally made on my old Card.
    Actually, The Market & AppBrain were a bit quirky about installed apps and updates at first - but I solved that by running "Fix Permissions" in ROM Manager.
    I hadn't been able to get ROM Manager to do the actual upgrade to Skylark 2.2 - so I was thinking it was a waste :(. It turns out it wasn't :p

PS I just noticed I'm replying to a post on the Desire Forum - so yo'll wanna know that I'm playing with an Incredible - dohhh