switching themes quick question

Last Updated:

1. bsems1000

bsems1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know, this is probably a newb question..but oh well. Usually when i get a theme i stick with it, always only afer a fresh new rom install..but i found one i'd like to try out.

I've heard of "Mashing" and i dont want to experiance dual themes in my phone. What is the proper way of theme switching so i dont get any mashed themes on my phone

Advertisement
  2. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

the 1st I heard of "mashing"..
    I just install the new theme over the top and never had any problems..
    I use clockwork recovery, install from sd card

3. bsems1000

bsems1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mashing- i read it somehwere before when there was discussion of a issue of having some icons show up in a different or previous theme that they were no longer running. :confused: not sure really if that was widespread or just that single user who ran into tha problem. Im just trying to avoid this.

4. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Best bet would be to flash your current ROM w/o a wipe and then flash the new theme. By flashing the ROM w/o a wipe, you keep all your data, but get rid of the current theme.

I was told by a guy on droidforums.net that if I wanted a smoked glass w/ blue theme for UD8 (like the one for BB0.4), then I could flash a blue theme and then a smoked glass theme and I would get a little of both. I believe that if you just flash over another theme, anything the the new theme doesn't mod the old theme did mod would stay like the old theme.

Kratos

5. Trofn8er

Trofn8er Active Member

For what it's worth I'm running BB.04 and I just flash different themes right over each other and have never had a problem. I'm not saying the potential for a problem doesn't exist, just I have never had one.

I've had smoked glass, flashed watermark on top of it, then adamz blue theme on top of that.