• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

switching to the G2 is definitely worth it...

finally got my G2 in the mail today. it was a very easy transition from G1 to G2, and I couldn't be happier. the phone is super quick, very responsive, the voice commands work great, I can't say anything negative about it. as far as all the talk about the "loose" hinge... I just don't see the problem. but then again, people are always gonna have something to complain about. it's human nature to always want something better than you already have.

I'm happy I switched to the G2 phone too. This is my first Android phone and I'm all rooted and loving it!

I saw the "loose hinge" "problem". I put "problem" in quotes because I don't see it as a problem. People need to see that this is a HINGE and not a slider and BECAUSE of that, if you hold it upside down, then yes, gravity is going to work its magic on it.

Upvote 0
I'm happy I switched to the G2 phone too. This is my first Android phone and I'm all rooted and loving it!

I saw the "loose hinge" "problem". I put "problem" in quotes because I don't see it as a problem. People need to see that this is a HINGE and not a slider and BECAUSE of that, if you hold it upside down, then yes, gravity is going to work its magic on it.

I agree totally. I have had no problem with the hinge, and the G2 has performed beautifully.

Upvote 0
I'm glad to see that people are happy with the G2 (I am too), since it seems like a lot of people are complaining about the hinges or other bugs. As if other phones did not have bugs or issues. However, I can see why people would complain about this. Sometimes the phone opens up too easily. I think that they could have made the hinges tighter so that when the phone is closed it doesn't wiggle, maybe I'm just nitpicking. I love the phone, is fast, responsive, I have great coverage, is the perfect size and weight for me, it looks sleek and most of all is HTC who at least is reliable when it comes to updating the OS on their phones. I came from a BH2 so I understand the S owners' frustration, but that is why I'm never going to buy a samsung device again. I'm not even remotely interested in their tab. G2 ftw!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones