switching to the G2 is definitely worth it...General

Last Updated:

1. furiousangler

furiousangler Member This Topic's Starter

finally got my G2 in the mail today. it was a very easy transition from G1 to G2, and I couldn't be happier. the phone is super quick, very responsive, the voice commands work great, I can't say anything negative about it. as far as all the talk about the "loose" hinge... I just don't see the problem. but then again, people are always gonna have something to complain about. it's human nature to always want something better than you already have.

Advertisement
  2. LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope Well-Known Member

Can you list box components? (sorry for the trouble, just a question I had been meaning to ask).

3. furiousangler

the phone, usb cable, a/c adapter, stereo headset, sim card, books. really a great phone...

LickTheEnvelope likes this.
  4. zuludelta9

zuludelta9 Member

just an FYI... a/c adapter is just the wall to USB converter (like the iPhone)

5.0V @ 1.0A I believe

5. furiousangler

yeah, just an a/c plug with a usb port on it...

6. LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope Well-Known Member

That's fine, cheers!

7. Artemis68

Artemis68 Active Member

I'm happy I switched to the G2 phone too. This is my first Android phone and I'm all rooted and loving it!

I saw the "loose hinge" "problem". I put "problem" in quotes because I don't see it as a problem. People need to see that this is a HINGE and not a slider and BECAUSE of that, if you hold it upside down, then yes, gravity is going to work its magic on it.

8. furiousangler

I agree totally. I have had no problem with the hinge, and the G2 has performed beautifully.

9. djsinco

djsinco Well-Known Member

Nor do I expect any problem from the hinge. I look at it as a feature to hold the phone upside down to open the keyboard. Plus, my American Express doubles the warranty to 2 years, and by then something better will come along...

10. Artemis68

Artemis68 Active Member

Yeah I have the 1.99 Extended warranty so if anything goes wrong with the hinge, I'll have T-Mobile send me another g2 for free. I won't have to pay shipping either way.

I think the hinge thing will be fine. I've had it for over a week and I'm just loving this phone!

11. blkidea

blkidea Active Member

I'm glad to see that people are happy with the G2 (I am too), since it seems like a lot of people are complaining about the hinges or other bugs. As if other phones did not have bugs or issues. However, I can see why people would complain about this. Sometimes the phone opens up too easily. I think that they could have made the hinges tighter so that when the phone is closed it doesn't wiggle, maybe I'm just nitpicking. I love the phone, is fast, responsive, I have great coverage, is the perfect size and weight for me, it looks sleek and most of all is HTC who at least is reliable when it comes to updating the OS on their phones. I came from a BH2 so I understand the S owners' frustration, but that is why I'm never going to buy a samsung device again. I'm not even remotely interested in their tab. G2 ftw!

12. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

I, too, am done with samsung phones. I've never liked motorola either. So what am I left with? Its either HTC or..................... ummm...........

who else makes an anroid phone? kyrocera? LOL

13. Artemis68

Artemis68 Active Member

LG? They made the LG Ally for VZW and I believe that's Android :p

Yeah I'm really happy with my G2. The hinge thing doesn't bug me.

I've had Pandora crash on me but that was buggy on my Blackberry too so I don't really care. I had MMS crash too but then I cleaned up my text inbox, installed handcent, and voila, no problems.