Switching to Verizon

Last Updated:

1. AaronRodgersFTW

AaronRodgersFTW Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, here is the skinny. I'm about to switch from at&t to verizon but I plan on doing it online. The question I have is in regards to number porting. The phone I want is on backorder and I fear that if I fill everything out and order it there is a chance that my number will port before I get the phone and I will be sol until it arrives. Is it possible to just get a new number and then port my current number over once I receive the phone?

Advertisement
  2. AaronRodgersFTW

AaronRodgersFTW Active Member This Topic's Starter

Update. One can just get a new line and then port over their old one. Great news.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

also, call verizon for their advice on the matter. their number is 800 922 0204.

4. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Yeah, I did that transfer and it worked well. Just had them assign me a number and then I ported mine over after I got both of the phones and was ready.

5. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I just did this with 2 phones. Verizon just gave us temp numbers for the new Verizon phones, then when my Droid X finally arrived (my wife got a regular flip phone that was in stock), we ported both numbers at the same time. We did it like this just to make sure that if we ported the wifes number over first, AT&T wouldn't cancell the whole account and make me lose my number. I've had this number for over 10 years, really wanted to keep it! We're all set now.