Swype accuracy diminishingSupport

Last Updated:

1. jef400dread

jef400dread Active Member This Topic's Starter

I read the thread about swype accuracy going to hell, and checked to make sure that wasn't the case for mine. For me its not totally unusable, but in the last week I've noticed severely diminished accuracy. If I totally focus I can swype with few errors, but as soon as I try to resume the speed that I used a week ago, swype's accuracy drops to about 50%, many of the suggested words aren't words I've ever used.

Another issue I'm having is the pop-up tutorial when I select a word other the the first suggestion. I've been through every setting and nothing will stop the tutorial pop-up

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I've noticed on my captivate that it's making more and more mistakes. But I think it's just me. I know in settings you can adjust it to speed or accuracy.

3. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

You can adjust this in settings.

Also, clean your screen often/Replace screen protectors.

jef400dread likes this.
  4. swtex

swtex Active Member

I could Swype like a pro before the Froyo update. Now, the new Swype keyboard is annoying and the errors are endless.

5. D_Generation_X

D_Generation_X Member

I think you need to set it more towards speed and less towards accuracy. This will pick the common word that's "close enough". Going more towards accuracy means it takes your swipes as literal fact.

jef400dread and j_ryan like this.
  6. swtex

swtex Active Member

Tried adjusting the settings and had no success. The biggest issue is it guessing words and suggesting words that aren't anywhere near close to the word that was Swiped. So far off in fact, that something (it just typed "diverging" instead of something) has to be done about it.

7. jef400dread

jef400dread Active Member This Topic's Starter

I changed some settings around to make it more focused on speed than accuracy and got rid of the POJ verizon screen protector, now i have the zagg invisible shield and its like a new phone. I still see an occasional word that is WAAAAY off. I cant remember what word i was trying to type the other day, but it's suggestion was "iolloil" or something to that affect. I have never used anything close to that before

8. hyperlite

hyperlite Well-Known Member

Actually, it describes accuracy as "error tolerance," so it's quite the opposite of your description.