Swype AccuracySupport

Last Updated:

1. Racktacular

Racktacular Active Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 19, 2010
    Seems as though the accuracy of Swype has been going down for me over the last 2 weeks. I haven't messed with any of the settings. The main thing is that it will put in a word that I am clearly not spelling, even if I go so slow and make sure I'm touching the exact letters.

The biggest culprit for me is the word, "WANT". It keeps spelling it as "WASN'T". It is driving me crazy. I am making 100% sure I am not touching the apostrophe at all. And it will still spell "WASN'T". I have to manually type the word "WANT" everytime. There are other examples, but that is the biggest one.

2. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Every time I try to swipe write the word "too" instead of prompting me with the list of words of what I mean it automatically types to and when I add the extra o made a space between the two O's. Same goes for many other words that end with two of the same letters.
  3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010

Do a little squiggle or loop on the letter to be doubled and it'll get it right every time.

Much can be learned by watching the many tutorial videos on Swype's website.
  4. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    The same frustration happened to me with the word want!! I found out that if you swing wide and don't pass thru the S key (you kinda go down into the cap key and Z) then it types want correctly. But...I have noticed swype being less accurate and actually lagging a little bit and acting oddly at times. I don't know if this occurred before or after the JH7 update or not. I just attributed it to my laziness since the same drop in accuracy happened last year using my iPhone keyboard for a few months. For some reason I think it should "know" me by now or something....something weird like that....

@MassacrMan - Did you read the tutorial for using swype? If you want it to add 2 of a letter you make a circle on the letter or in my case I just move back and forth once or twice and it does the trick. Most of the time it guesses correctly that you want a word with 2 letters but to and too is a good example of a case where there's no way it can know...unless you follow the swype procedure.

EDIT: Ah sremick you beat me to the punch...
  5. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Yeah, either I am getting lazier with it, or the accuracy is falling off over time. Probably the former though, I barely pay attention any more when I use it. I do notice it lagging some, or sometimes just takes a few minutes to register when the keyboard first pops up...