Swype beta 3.0 available

1. CKwik240

CKwik240 Well-Known Member

beta.swype.com/

Works fine on the Xoom.

Advertisement
    :
    Mominator, N4CER, spollock and 5 others like this.
  2. harperkr

harperkr New Member

Works great on mine as well. Thanks
    beefyy and marctronixx like this.
  3. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

Up and running, and now my tablet is complete!
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Well-Known Member

Lets try this, not bad.first time I I've ever swype, this is cool.
    marctronixx likes this.
  5. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

Dude, once you get used to swype, you will never be able to go back...it crushes the hunt and peck method.
  6. Mitchrapp

Its working really well and rather fast . Sometimes I forget what I'm typing and just start swiping or swyping and I get the right word to come up. Sweet app.
  7. ghodzilla5150

ghodzilla5150 Well-Known Member

I am waiting for Swype to send me installer on my gmail account. Can't wait. Thanks Bro:D
  8. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

hi all

I used beta 2 before and it had some serious flaws. mainly no uk dictionary. but 3 had one and looks a lot better imo.

using it on my desire.

cheers
    dan
  9. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Auto-Spacing is not working, although it is checked in the Swype settings.
  10. N4CER

N4CER Member

so far I have no problems with swype, although I'm used to it since I use it on my Evo :D
  11. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

can it do multiple words in one swype? ie with a space in the swype action between words - ive tried it a few times and doesnt seem to work but think it was possible on earlier version .....maybe :)

cheers
    dan
  12. StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Yea, I am pretty hooked on swype now.. once you start texting any other way is torture.
  13. Mitchrapp

The only thing I don't like is when I need to manually type something, last name for example, it can be a tad slow in response. But I guess this keyboard isn't meant for that. But I love to swype.
  14. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

It also works well with a stylus.
  15. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

still working well for me :) if this was v2 I would be back
    to my regular keyboard by now
    cheers
    dan
  16. GaryRifkin

GaryRifkin New Member

LOVING Swype on my Xoom! It was one of the reasons I bought the Xoom - now I can really enjoy.
  17. prassu

prassu Guest

Thanks I installed this both on Xoom & X10. Working fine.
  18. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

Same here. I held off on getting a tablet until I could get swype for honeycomb.
  19. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Upgraded to 3.2 yesterday and Swype Beta for tablets no longer works - it thinks the screen size is non-conforming, so keyboard won't fit on screen. Known issue per Swype forum.
  20. Mitchrapp

My keyboard fits but some of the menu buttons are a bit small. Still works fine though.

Edit: one thing I do notice when swyping in the address bar, it won't auto space anymore. Or maybe it never did that and I misremembered.
  21. brawndo

brawndo Active Member

tells me my screen size is not supported. just got my xoom today and updated all the way to 3.2 before i tried. :(
  22. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

I found the swype honeycomb apk file online and installed it directly without going through the beta (since the beta installer just tells you your screen size isn't supported). I won't link it because it's technically a pirated apk, but it's not hard to find. It gives you error messages and puts the keyboard in the wrong place when you switch between landscape and portrait, but it's better than nothing until they fix the official version.
  23. Michael.aw

Michael.aw Member

Everything went fine doing install then at last moment an error mssg says screen size problem.

I have xoom wifi honeycomb 3.2

Wigged out!
  24. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

still loving it :) i must be as ive been using it now solidly for approx 4 weeks i think - SO much better than previous release imo
  25. BigKayDaddy

BigKayDaddy Well-Known Member

I've been using Swype 3.0 on my Xoom for the past month and I feel that it is laggy when swyping around. Does anyone else experience this?