Swype Beta anyone else seen this

Last Updated:

1. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Just tried to install swype and when I login to the swype installer I get "You have installed Swype Beta the maximum number of times." Im going to email them and see if I can get my account reset or not but if not that sucks.

Edit I posted this in the root forum because no stock would be installing this over and over

Advertisement
  2. andy44512

andy44512 Active Member

had this happen also. just long press in the message field switch back to android than change back. this has worked for my brother and me.

3. Lizzrd

Lizzrd Well-Known Member

Er...I have been. :confused: And I sent an email as well.

4. OMJ

Cant do that because it will not even install the keyboard

5. OMJ

Let me know what if anything you hear back. All I have gotten so far is an out of office email

6. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

What about using a titanium backup with Swype on it? Maybe that would work.

7. OMJ

Tried and it didnt work. It kept telling me it was the wrong version for my device even though its backed up from cm5.0.5.6 and I am on 5.0.5.7

8. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Hmmm, well that sucks. Good thing I never really got into Swype and use the HTC_IME instead.

9. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

I haven't had a problem with Swype yet (knock on wood)... and I have re-installed a ton (since you guys now have me addicted to ROMs, I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!!! :p )

With that said I can't remember if it was a thread here or over on the Cyanogen forums, but someone was having a similar issue and reported back that Swype was very helpful and quick to respond, maybe you just caught them during an office retreat... Good luck though, I don't know if I could live without Swype...

10. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Swype 5652t100 works for me in CM5057 without issues, but after I flashed again (probably the 20th ROM I have flashed this month) I was notified that I had reached my DL limits.

I reverted to a saved copy of 5612 fro the time being, but up until now I have had no issues (other than hte DRM-enforced message that I had to use the workaround on on every reboot) with Swype and a variety of ROMs.

11. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

when Swype downloads to the phone prior to install, where does it go?

I have heard of the MAX download issue, but I have not done too many ROM changes.

12. johnlgalt

Not sure about that, I haven't actually looked around for it. The Installer.apk DL's wherever you have DLs set to be placed, but I never looked for the actual App DL itself.

13. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

Yeah I found the installer APK location.. need to find the actual DL spot

14. johnlgalt

I have a feeling it is probably DLing to TEMP and then deleting it after installation....

15. OMJ

I think if you did a logcat then started the download it would tell you the location

16. johnlgalt

Not a bad idea. But since I reverted to the DRM-free version 5612 I am not worried....for now.

I suspect that for a long while there they had lifted the max install limit b/c they knew that a lot of use were trying different ROMs - but now that I have seen it for the first time as well, I wonder if we are about to get an announcement that a new version is out?

Also, one of the ways that they *were* changing the version was that they were also changing the installer - so it is in the best interest of the user to always download the installer, install it and let it download the latest version.

At least, that is what they said in their forums. Then again, the version hasn't changed in over a month, so....