Swype Beta Going Through Final QA Process

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phandroid, Oct 27, 2010.

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot
    VIP Member

Apr 12, 2008
    It’s been a long, but pleasant, ride. After months of private and public testing and swyping, Swype’s apparently just about ready to come out of beta, according to sources of Droid-Life’s. This final pre-release update will fix a lot issues including increased accuracy in the word selection algorithm and should do away with any installation [...]

More...

Advertisement

2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    I've been swyping on my SF since launch day. However, persist errors have made me turn to Swiftkey and Smart Keyboard Pro is recent days. Hoping the increased accuracy really comes thru

3. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Edge of Insanity
    Not a fan of swipe. I rather the Android keyboard and voice recognition on my SF.

4. isman

isman Member

Oct 13, 2010
    i love swipe.. voice is nice too

5. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Male
    security and surveillance and finance
    Windy City of Chicago
    Been waiting for that for a while I have an aditional question. Will we get the microphone key on this new version of swype still no. It is nice not having to switch the input method so that I can send a text using voice recognition

6. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto
    VIP Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Pilates Instructor
    South of Boston, MA
    As I said in another thread, I think the problem with Swype is people don't realize every time they enter an incorrect word and then the spacebar, it adds that incorrectly spelled word into the dictionary. Don't hit the spacebar, hit the backspace key and get rid of the word. Then type the correct word in, and hit the spacebar. My accuracy has been getting better and better because I'm carefully entering new words that I use all the time. I tried SwiftKey, but got irritated with that word recognition and prediction. YMMV!