Swype beta just expired

Last Updated:

1. druss2001

druss2001 Member

Anyone have a link to the new beta .apk? 5612 expired today.

2. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

If you got Swipe the "legal" way, then you should have or will get an email to update to the new version. Check your email for the email address you used to sign up for the beta. Otherwise, someone posted a link to the new version 'leak" somewhere around here.

Have you tried searching for it with the forum search function? I would give the link to you directly, but I cannot remember where I saw it. Try a search and see what happens.

3. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

I didn't know there was an "illegal" way of getting it. I had just seen it posted up on various sites and got it there. No one had specified it was a paid app (if it is)that I've seen. Though people on here have made it seem kind of secretive on how to aquire it from what I've seen, so I guess I didn't pick up on it. If you would mind posting where I can "legally" obtain it, I'll do what's necessary to get it sice it's my most used feature on my phone and mine just "expired too in the last hour.

4. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

It is against the forum rules to post links to Warez.
  5. sirwillis

sirwillis Member

unless its something super important...like swype, right? :p
  6. kratos

This is where you can get the swype beta legally: Swype | Text Input for Screens

They are currently not accepting new beta users, but you can click the register button and they will notify you when it is available for you to download.

You know, I didn't even think about that when I posted before. I still could have sworn that I saw a thread talking about getting swype. Actually, the more I think about it, they were talking about getting themed versions of swype with different colored keyboards. I'm not sure if a themed version of swype would be considered "Warez", but that was what I was thinking of with my last post. But, none the less, I cannot even remember where I saw that thread. I'm not sure if it was here in the Droid forum or the App forum, I just cannot remember.

7. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

So you all are basically saying we're assed out..? It it against the rule to tell us what to specifically search for..? I'm Googling around and not finding any newer versions available then the 5612 I have now :(.
  8. kratos

The swype version that I just installed from the email I received a week ago is 7625.

9. davros

davros Well-Known Member

anyone know where or have a working version?
  10. Froid

Froid Well-Known Member

Looking for the same thing.
  11. XDaydreamerX11

XDaydreamerX11 Well-Known Member

Also looking, using HTC incredible. :( Any links would be appreciated!
  12. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I will not say where, but it is available for download. And the version is the same as posted above. Search around a little bit ad you will be able to find it.

On another note, I sure wish they would release a version (Beta would be fine) for purchase in the market so that we could have it and not have to do this once a month when it expires...... I would pay $5 for this one, I love it.
  13. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Well-Known Member

Do they ever plan on actually releasing Swype so we can pay them for their work and not have to lose access to a great keyboard? I used the last beta and it seemed fine to me. I'd like to know why it's not available for purchase.
  14. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

Swype died on me last night (expired beta). Tried several recent links and none are working for me this morning. :(

The real question is, "Why the heck is this app still in beta?" It's been working great for me for at least 3 months now. Release the damn thing already! All us Swype addicts are overdue for another hit...
  15. caudio51

caudio51 Active Member

They definitely should release it, the beta works fantastic. Back to pecking....
  16. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

I hate how people try to keep secrets on stuff like this. Like it's a treasure hunt. OP, just send me a PM if you want a link to the newer app. Uninstall what you have and install new.

Thread over....sheesh!
  17. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Well-Known Member

Whenever I download it off the internet its a trial and it ends. What do I do to fix this?
  18. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

:( Me too.
  19. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member

I thought that since I'd gone through this "Your Swype Trial Period Has Ended" thing back in March and I had since downloaded and installed a working, themed version of Swype, that I was using an official beta version with no end date. I thought wrong. The "trial ended" fiasco has again reared its ugly head. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

I've gotten so spoiled by Swype that it is difficult for me to input any significant amount of data using any other means. I'll try some other places where I know there are other themed Swype versions, but I'm getting very annoyed by the "trial period has ended" problem. I'm just about ready to switch back to Slide-It and do my best to forget about Swype.
  20. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member

We must have all downloaded what we thought was a real beta on the same day someone posted links to new working versions!
  21. jindogae

jindogae Member

The site for swype has posted that there is an updated version for June. Hopefully it gets posted here shortly.
  22. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Shapewriter is pretty good and free.
  23. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Aren't you signed in for the beta? I downloaded the new version using the Swype beta installer and, although it took me 6 tries on my 2.1 ROM and twice after I went to Froyo this weekend, the new version is even better than .5612 was. I used Metamorph to theme it and I'm happy as can be.
    djkeller3 likes this.
  24. tfleming23

tfleming23 Well-Known Member

The themed one I had stopped working this morning as well. I was in the beta though so I just downloaded the official one. Doesn't fit the look of my phone, but I can't live without Swype now.
  25. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

I found a new version for the Incredible but nothing yet for the Droid.