1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

swype beta problem..

Last Updated:

1. xmetl

xmetl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im on a non rooted droid incredible. i have the newest version of the swype beta, and i noticed everytime i reboot my phone and i try to write something in swype the keyboard will just flash or something and it wont put in what i tried to write, and it will do this until i change my default input method back to the HTC keyboard and back to swype. does this happen to anyone else? its annoying to do this everytime i turn off my phone.

Advertisement
  2. Rokcet Scientist

Rokcet Scientist Banned

Report it to the Swype developers. That's what a beta version is for. To track and fix quirks and gaffes. Loose ends. Maybe they can fix it for the next release.

3. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

I have had the same issue on my HTC desire.
    Also just recently it has been de-selecting Swype as the default input method al-together sometimes. Not sure when possibly on reboot.

4. ianb11

ianb11 Well-Known Member

I'm on an older version but if I move it to the SD card I have to enable it every time on reboot which is irritating.

5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

If you need an app at boot then don't move it to the card. The card isn't immediately available on boot. Pay attention to the notification bar next time and you'll see that it will notify you after the card has been prepared and mounted.

^ This. Also try checking Swype's own forums.

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

The swype beta always has this problem. You have to cycle to your default keyboard then back to swype to get it working on boot.

7. ianb11

ianb11 Well-Known Member

The issue I have is that it's not available at all after boot never mind not immediately.

It's a large file on the phone (over 17MB) & I'm suffering from space issues so I want to move it to the SD card but don't want to have to switch it on all the time.

8. Gingerpose

Gingerpose Active Member

I have done some googling recently on solutions for the sheer size of swype - it appears that it is possible to reduce the file size significantly.

9. ianb11

ianb11 Well-Known Member

How do you do that?

10. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Well-Known Member

This is but one of the problems with their copy protection scheme. It has been reported to them ad nauseum, and has persisted across three betas. They apparently don't care. It's such a black mark on an otherwise great app.