Swype Built Into Ultimate Droid 9.8.0

Last Updated:

1. nydrumboy

nydrumboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'd like to use Swype, but the beta is closed....however, I did notice that there's an application listed in the settings:

com.swype.android.inputmethod

Anyone know how to enable this?

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

You'll still need to get the swype apk = I bet that that is here b/c bd uses Swype so it was put into System since he has it on his personal DROID....

Of course you could go into Settings --> Language and Keyboard and see if it is already there - but my experience has been that it is not.

3. nydrumboy

nydrumboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nope, not under Language & Keyboard.

Where could I find the apk?

4. code1321

code1321 Member

5. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

That is version 5652t100 - which has some DRM-like code that will make you run a fix every time you reboot you phone - basically, you need to Long press a text input box, change from Swype to Android, then long press again and change back.

Since this is a closed beta, I cannot link to it, but if you look around you'll see a link for version 5612t100 which is an older bet aversion that is missing a small amount of features present in the new (like a new color border around the text input box) but which also does not have the DRM-like code so you will not have o keep performing that above-mentioned fix.