Swype Expired yesterday`General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. oaklane

oaklane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok I've read and searched for the latest place to get the next version of Swype. But haven't been lucky with it yet for 2.1 on my Droid HTC Eris. Help!

Advertisement
  2. skapooj

skapooj Member

Mine also expired yesterday. Being that I cannot stand any text input other than swype, I woke up this morning and was determined to get it back on my device. What you need to do is sign up for the beta.

Go here to register - Swype | Text Input for Screens

Once it sends you the email, there are detailed instructions on what to do from there that can be found at this link - https://beta.swype.com/android/welcome/detailed/

Hope this works for you like it did for me!

3. oaklane

Ok I did the register - now be patient wait for the reply. Thanks.

4. skapooj

skapooj Member

Im pretty sure the email should be sent automatically to your email. There shouldn't be much waiting involved. I know mine showed up in my inbox right away.

5. Ellie914

Ellie914 Active Member

I signed up yesterday and the email said thanks for registering...we will email you as soon as we reopen the swype beta. So I didn't get to download it :(

6. skapooj

skapooj Member

Oh. I may have received an email right away because I signed up for swype beta a while back, but abandoned it for a better performing leak. With my email on file already, they were quick to send me another trial, I suppose.

7. oaklane

Same here haven't gotten the email yet :(

8. DEinMA

DEinMA Well-Known Member

My 1.56 version expired too. I installed 1.6, and it's working, but I don't much care for it. It's nicer looking but the keys are smaller and it's not as user-friendly.

9. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Looking for the latest version?

Sounds like you're not on the Beta.

Legitimate websites like Androidforums.com are not the place to look for copyrighted software.

Unfortunately, Swype doesn't let you Buy their software yet, and they don't give out to everyone the Beta. So it's actually arguable whether distributing their software is 'Warez'. It's definitely something Swype, Inc. doesn't want you to do, but it's not costing them any money. So ethically, it's debatable.

PiperCub49 and oaklane like this.
  10. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

I. Tried installing the latest version yesterday but it doesn't seem to be working i sswipe but nothing shows up. Tapping still works.

11. jv59

jv59 Member

I tried this and the download link only downloads the swype installer. If you're not a registered beta user you will not be able to use the installer. You are asked for your email and password. The reason why the swype feature may not be working is that you're still running the previous version.

12. PiperCub49

PiperCub49 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, Paul. I didn't know about the latest version.

I was running 1.56. I mounted my card, deleted everything Swype from it, and then put the file here (LINK REMOVED) on the highest level of my card. Then I installed it using EStrongs and it worked great. :)

-PC49

13. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

This is the ONLY method allowed on A.F. Swype is a CLOSED beta and is copyright material. Additionally, they have threatened legal action against sites you allow the app to be distributed.

f we see ANY links to the software, PM's asking for it or offers to distribute it illegally, appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

/thread

PiperCub49 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.