Swype for AllySupport

Last Updated:

1. CBLJazz

CBLJazz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Tried to put a beta version of swype on and i received an error about screen size.
    Has anyone seen a version that fits the Ally?

Advertisement
  2. vertig0730

vertig0730 Well-Known Member

Try shapewritter, it is almost like swype, I use it on my Eris.

3. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member

ShapeWriter on Eris here too. Just checking the forum because I ordered my wife an Ally, and I was wanting some feedback.

4. vertig0730

vertig0730 Well-Known Member

I put t on my wife's Ally, she mainly uses the physical keyboard, but it works well once you are used to it.

5. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

The greatest thing about swype for me was how quickly you pick it up. Watching video of people swyping I thought it would be a complicated series of gestures for basic commands like capitalization or symbols, but its really very simple.

6. OMGImSoLost

OMGImSoLost Member

You can go to 4shared.com and type in SlideIt. I use this on my Ally, and actually prefer it to my Sister in Law's Swype on her Droid 2. Very easy to use and understand. Also the + feature makes adding words easy.

7. bjones6416

bjones6416 Active Member

I had thought I wanted Swype, but I have ended up using the physical keyboard a lot on this phone. I didn't think I wanted a pull-out keyboard, but I keep finding myself starting to enter text on-screen and getting in a hurry and pulling out the keyboard to finish. It feels very natural to me.

I've fooled with Swype a little bit on my nephew's Droid X, and I think if I didn't have a keyboard I'd use Swype. It seems so elegant.

8. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I just want to remind everyone of the Site Rule'Guidelines against distributing liscenced apps. Linking to/sharing copyrighted apps is prohibited here. When you registered here you agreed to abide by these rules. Anyone found to be breaching these rules, either openly in the forums or via PM, will receive infractions.