abesh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    Snazzy and Mr.DNA like this.
  2. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

3. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Great, if it's true and if it works.

Let me remind all of you that it's against the rules (and the law) to share paid applications here, so you can link to the free download if it's official, but no sharing if it's not free. A lot of users were warned/banned recently because of this (trust me), and I don't want it to happen on this board. ;)

4. abesh

@DaSchmarotzer agree !!! But as has been stated in the post that it will be downloadable from the official Swype site so the question of a "pirated" version does not arise here...

5. A-Pac

A-Pac Active Member

What ever happened to this? I dont see it free on their site.

6. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

I would buy shares in Swpe if I could. I think it's an amazing idea, well implemented and it's starting to appear on more and more phones by default. Seems the beta is only open to previous subscribers however.

7. A-Pac

A-Pac Active Member

8. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

The beta signup page was lagged out but it says I successfully registered.

9. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Well, the "free download" is just another beta, that's deceiving.

Anyway, even sharing this is against the rules (Yes, sharing free apps is against the rules!). Swype has opened the Beta and want you to create an account, they don't want tons of people to download it on some other website.

EDIT: Well that sucks. I registered and downloaded it on my phone. When I run it (the installer), I have to log in, and then it says that the registration failed. I tried twice.

I wasted enough time on Swype as it is...

10. uksparky

uksparky Member

Registered, downloaded, installed and enabled. Works well, only problem I had was the slow website and the odd warning that the account could not be created at that time (just kept trying) and the download email took ages to come but I realised you can just go to https://beta.swype.com/android/get/ in order to download.

11. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

Downloaded and installed. I'm getting error .. "This version of swype installed is for another phone.." and its not working. The blue swype line appears but the words or letter never do. I'll post to their official beta site once the traffic calms down.

Galaxo 1.6.3.3

12. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

I got this working finally. Swype is 2x better than SlideIT, I'm sure I will be buying the full version once released.

13. DeviledMoon

DeviledMoon Active Member

Swype dosent even work on my device anymore, sense the june beta

14. xtrawest

xtrawest New Member

wow.. i loved this application.. working great for me using android 1.6

15. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

Got it working on mine without any obvious issues. A bit of a lag when it first loads, but pretty smooth afterward, and surprisingly accurate. Thanks for the tip!

16. denial86

denial86 Active Member

How did you get it to work? I got the same issue...

17. nifer

nifer Well-Known Member

signed up and received my activation link emailed to me almost instantaneously. downloaded/installed with no problems.

18. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

I think where I failed was the activation process after install. What I noticed was the application "Browser" would refuse to end during install even after trying to kill it with task manager, the page it was stuck on was the https://beta.swype.com secure download page. I am speculating the activation process tries to open a secure connection back to Swype but I already had this previous connection open and this caused the activation to fail.

The fix I think was before I hit the Install button was to go back to the Browser and navigate away from https://beta.swype.com and that let me close the Browser. Then I hit install and activation at the end was instantaneous.

19. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Had my beta arrive last week. Been using it for a few days, I quite like it. Only issue I've had is that it the screen is a bit wet (rain / wet hands) it goes absolutely mental. You can still hunt & peck then though, and the keyboard is much better than stock.

20. dommoly

dommoly Member

This doesn't appear to work on my phone. When I "swype" a word the keyboard just flashes blue and nothing appears in the box. I have to type normally to get output. Am I missing something?

21. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

It means the install failed or didn't register. If you have a beta account try again by un-installing, reboot, install. If it fails again try closing all running applications especially the Browser on the next install attempt as per my post above.

22. villa1n

villa1n Well-Known Member

Anyone have problems with dialpad coming up during a call... after setting Swype as my input it seems in call, I have to pull up the keyboard via button press...as the dialpad wont slide up...

23. bresslau

bresslau Well-Known Member

I can only reinforce that. Got my beta email earlier this week, first install didn't work, the second one did.

In an ideal world I would combine the best features of Swype, SlideIT and ShapeWriter into one package, than this would be awesome. Pity that none of the apps offer me what I need most: Germany, English and Portuguese prediction from one solution. I have to keep changing from application to application, and I believe that SlideIT has now expired. Let's hope for more languages in Swype soon.

24. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

I am really impressed by this app.

25. abesh

So am I :) Damn impressed :) And it works really well :)