• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype for Android now OFFICIALLY in beta

just installed the beta... Had been using an older version on my eris and after upgrading to 2.1 my older version was not working as smoothly as before. This morning I found a newer version and loaded it with it working much smoother and noticed small changes to the interface.

Then I found the android beta info and loaded it instead noticing more small changes but working great so far!

Love the swype.

Upvote 0
Anyone get the email, then when following the link you arrive at a page that says "oops swype can't figure out where you are trying to go." Kinda like the link was incomplete and would not direct me all the way to the installer. I have a cellular south HTC hero (like the sprint) and have never had it installed before. It will allow me to log onto website and resend "download" email. Same results every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Anyone get the email, then when following the link you arrive at a page that says "oops swype can't figure out where you are trying to go." Kinda like the link was incomplete and would not direct me all the way to the installer. I have a cellular south HTC hero (like the sprint) and have never had it installed before. It will allow me to log onto website and resend "download" email. Same results every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In Dolphin, I opened the link I was trying to visit and there was a %Cbr at the end of the link. Remove it and you are good to go.

Or just go to beta.swype.com/android/get

G

Upvote 0
There's a problem on the nexus. When you reboot, you get an error message and it stops working. Uninstall and reinstall and its fine again.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

This! I tried uninstalling then rebooting and installing again, but it always breaks after the latest install. The leaked beta never had these problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones