• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help swype for droid?

You have to be apart of the Swype beta. → Swype | Text Input for Screens

Slide-it is also a great alrenative. Its availible on the Android Market.

you dont HAVE to be part of the swype beta to get it. i actually stumbled upon a link over at another forum, downloaded the .apk, installed it, and it is running like a champ on my device. now i am not sure if it is going to "disable" itself when the latest version comes out (like i have heard it happening before) but for now, it is great. I have the .apk, but i am not going to post it for anyone. not because i am selfish, but because i think it goes against Swypes' policy to "pirate" the .apk.

Upvote 0
Yea exactly why I didn't say anything because of the rules and I do my best to follow the rules around here because I love this forum. There was no point in mentioning it if you aren't able to post the apk or link. You can steal from Swype all you want but don't encourage others too. You either have to have a phone preloaded with Swype or be apart of the beta releases. So yes, you "HAVE" to be apart of the beta to get it unless you do the wrong thing and download a pirated version.

Upvote 0
Yea exactly why I didn't say anything because of the rules and I do my best to follow the rules around here because I love this forum. There was no point in mentioning it if you aren't able to post the apk or link. You can steal from Swype all you want but don't encourage others too. You either have to have a phone preloaded with Swype or be apart of the beta releases. So yes, you "HAVE" to be apart of the beta to get it unless you do the wrong thing and download a pirated version.

i guess you are right....however i didn't know about it being bad until AFTER i downloaded it. i did however get it from a VERY reliable and (what i thought was) trustworthy site...but then i was hooked. i will for sure buy it when it comes out, so i am technically not stealing from anyone. they will get their money, i am not distributing it to anyone.

but you and i are both right, you dont HAVE to be in the swype beta to get it, but it is the morally right thing to do.

Upvote 0
i guess you are right....however i didn't know about it being bad until AFTER i downloaded it. i did however get it from a VERY reliable and (what i thought was) trustworthy site...but then i was hooked. i will for sure buy it when it comes out, so i am technically not stealing from anyone. they will get their money, i am not distributing it to anyone.

but you and i are both right, you dont HAVE to be in the swype beta to get it, but it is the morally right thing to do.

OK lets leave it there then.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones