Swype for rooters?

Last Updated:

1. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone here that downloaded the official Swype Beta Trial had problems when switching roms?

I just flashed a new rom, restored my apps, and Swype is telling me it's registered to another device.... :confused::confused: Wont work!!!!

I'm wondering if I should just download the versions that are floating around out there instead of having an "official" version... :(

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Cableguynoe, try doing a re-install. I had to install twice for some silly reason. Worked the second time around. I wasn't flashing a new ROM, but I got the same "registered to another device" message. Works fine now.

Cheers!

3. cableguynoe

Thanks, that did work for me.
    But I'm wondering if I'm going to have to do this every time I switch roms?

4. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member

I've been having this problem as well. In fact I was just going to start a thread about it until I saw this. Same "Swype is registered to a different device BS." Lately I have only made it a few days without uninstall/reinstalling swype. I can't yet pinpoint what triggers it because it has done it to me even when I'm not switch ROMS frequently.

EDIT: What makes it worse is that the words you added to the dictionary get deleted each time you reinstall!

5. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Using the official beta, you have to re-download and install every time you switch ROMs. It's because of the way the Swype Installer works: It creates a license file based on a bunch of info about your phone and software. When that info changes, the license is no longer valid.

Do yourself a favor and use a hacked version instead. I can't tell you where to get it, but Google might be able to tell you where to get "hacked swype hvga" instead.

6. cableguynoe

Yup... that's the part I hate. I have all my user names and passwords added to make my life easy... along with a ton of other words, names, etc.
    So it sucks having to start all over again.
    I never even downloaded any of the themed swypes that were available before the swyp expiration justfor that reason. Did not want to start over.

Thanks Nestor... I think I'll do that.

7. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll opt for that instead of installing the damn beta each time I switch ROMS