Swype has degraded after ICS updateGeneral

1. andrewx77

andrewx77 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been discussed but I did a search and there seems to be no topic dedicated to it.

immediately after installing ICS this week I noticed that swype seems to be much less accurate for me. Sometimes the suggestions are way off and just bizarre. Swype worked pretty well for me before the update and I use swype most of the time for texting and email on my phone. I find is almost unusable now and it's very irritating

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Did you do a Factory Data Reset after the ICS install? Recommended.

... Thom
  3. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

Any chance your phone is plugged into a usb convection when you're having issues? Mine is whacked when plugged in, but pretty solid when not. Just checking...
    SNeitzel likes this.
  4. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

This!!
  5. scottmorse

scottmorse New Member

Swype not working at all. Upgraded to ICS several days ago but just began this problem today. I have cleared app date and checked settings. Nothing seems to correct the issue. Droid Bionic XT875
  6. Deanie

Deanie Well-Known Member

I notice swype is weird, too, and I did do a FDR. It doesn't matter if it's plugged in or not.

I changed the settings to be higher on the accuracy vs speed, and that seems to help a bit.
  7. mswhite60

mswhite60 Well-Known Member

Swype has been working pretty much like it did under GB for me - fine! (I noticed no changes). I did do a FDR, though.
  8. mamawm

mamawm Well-Known Member

after the upgrade it was great, until i did the fdr, now it's awful. will adjust speed vs accuracy setting and hope it's better.
  9. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member

It's been terrible for me too. I've tried many different speed/accuracy settings and none are good for me.