• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype is BACK!!!

I just downloaded Swype because I've heard so much about it. It looked dumb so I never bothered. I saw this topic and figured what the hell? Now I can't stop typing stuff. I am totally addicted! This is one of the best and most useful tools I've found for android yet. I recommend everyone give it a shot. Even if you don't like it, at least you can say you tried it and didn't like it, unlike me who hated it without giving it a fair chance... And now I'm hooked!

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk.

Upvote 0
I've just registered and had the email arrive in my inbox with the minute. The install was smooth...and I'm really liking it.

Given its my first time trying it, I'm very amateur at, but I can see how it will improve my WPM as I get used to it. Thankfully, I can also type the regular way, if necessary (though I'll have to break out of that habit...damn muscle memory).

Good stuff.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to chime in here and say I completely thought this was a gimmicky thing. But then again, I thought the kickstand on my Evo was a gimmick as well. I was wrong about both.

Swype is an awesome keyboard and after playing with it for just a few minutes you can "type" soooo much faster than other keyboards. If you keep wondering what the big deal is and why this thread keeps showing up on the front page, TRY IT OUT. I'm blown away by just how fast I can compose a lengthy e-mail now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones