Swype issues?

Last Updated:

1. upther

upther Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody else having issues with Swype? I just rooted last night and I'm using the Skyraider 2.5.2 ROM and the Kings #3 kernel. I know that Swype was working last night. I went to send a text a little bit ago and I couldn't Swype. The keyboard worked, just no swyping. I changed the input method and then went back to Swype and it has been working fine since. Not a difficult thing to fix, just annoying.

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you're using a legit version of swype, it doesn't play well with SkyRaider. You might want to peek around XDA for a version that works well with SkyRaider. The only fix if you want to keep the legit version is the solution that you posted.

upther likes this.
  3. upther

upther Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, good to know I wasn't going crazy. Thanks.

4. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

It's not just skyraider. I had the same issue with both leaked ROMS. Additionally, I've seen this happen again after doing things in recovery. Luckily swapping input methods has always fixed it.

5. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I have had a time or two that Swype stopped working and I went into settings and unchecked/rechecked it and it started working again.

6. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Same here. So I periodically do the fix you mentioned. Not too interested in finding a tweaked version.