• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype keyboard availiblity

katattackk

Lurker
Jan 31, 2010
Hello everyone :) so I know that the new cliq xt has the swype keyboard and that swype released a beta that was only availible for a short time to just regular cliq users. I really would like the swype keyboard on my cliq though and I'm just curious if anyone knows if/when were going to get it or if it's out where I can get it? I don't understand why we haven't gotten it yet the new cliq that's the basically the same has it.

i believe you need the 1.6 OS or higher to use it. You can get it, but it just wont work since the cliq only has the 1.5 OS. Any experts correct me if i'm wrong.

Im sorry but right now Swype is not available to public users of the Motoroa Cliq phone. It is in beta testing for a handful of selected users and will hopefully be released to the general public shortly. Hope this post help. Please give rep if it did :)

Swype actually will work on 1.5. I've got the Cliq XT and Swype comes pre-installed on it.

Upvote 0
I dl the apk for swype on IntoMobile.com.
Hello everyone :) so I know that the new cliq xt has the swype keyboard and that swype released a beta that was only availible for a short time to just regular cliq users. I really would like the swype keyboard on my cliq though and I'm just curious if anyone knows if/when were going to get it or if it's out where I can get it? I don't understand why we haven't gotten it yet the new cliq that's the basically the same has it.

Upvote 0
I don't think I have a setting right on mine because it doesn't show the word when i swype on it but if i type it does. Can you tell me what it might be?

It's not a setting. When downloading an app that you can't get the proper updates to, you will have bugs that you won't be able to get fixed.

You can always got to the swype website and request an invite.

Reactions: mills23
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones