Swype Keyboard for Behold 2

1. Mastermind278

Mastermind278 Well-Known Member

Okay so there exists a new version that is only the English Language and removed the Tutorials. Brings down the install size on my BH2 to 3.08MB... a lot better.

This version was edited by Tudsen on Xda-Developers... You can possibly find it by using google and searching "SwypeReference-HVGA-trial-release_eng.1.16.12.5228.219.apk" it will more than likely link to XDA-Developers and on post 136 on Page 14 of the thread, there should be a link (mediafire) to this version.:cool:
    chadmd23 likes this.
  2. xblue95

xblue95 Well-Known Member

Im very impressed with swype, have been running it for a few days now. Very accurate! My version says it takes up 4.66MB?
  3. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

Thanks Mastermind, love the improvements! Swype is genius.
  4. btbarr

btbarr Well-Known Member

Hey does anyone know if this version is time bombed? The older version that I had been using for about two weeks finally popped up with a message that said "Your trial period is now over."
  5. xblue95

Ya, my came up "Trial Ended" today also. I was really enjoying swype, I didn't know it was trial ware. Guess I need to figure out how to pay for a copy?
  6. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

You can try this: Swype | Text Input for Screens
    Mastermind278 likes this.
  7. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

swype is amazing, it even gets the correct word even if I don't think I swiped correctly!
  8. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Well-Known Member

I *LOVE* IT!!!!!! - And I was a Shapewriter person. But this is so easy and well, perfect :)
  9. tritran18518

tritran18518 Well-Known Member

how can you type "pocketnow.com" ^^
  10. SoulCreator

SoulCreator Well-Known Member

I've always been a physical keyboard type guy, so when I got the BH2 I found the whole virtual keyboard thing was driving me freggin' nuts... Anyway I tried swype and I've got to admit it's an amazing piece of software, it *almost* makes me not miss a real keyboard it's that good.
  11. xblue95

I one thing I found frustrating with Swype was how the "word prediction" feature covered up the actual text field. I couldn't see what I was typing, specially in messenger. Other than that, excellent!
  12. deathclutch

deathclutch Well-Known Member

should just be... start at p and when you get to the period.. swype down to the period.. then c o m
  13. kkarlin

kkarlin Well-Known Member

My biggest issue is that as a LONG time blackberry user, the most comfortable (and fastest way for me to type is using both thumbs. I am just having trouble moving over to using a single finger.
  14. dctony2010

dctony2010 Active Member

Does Swype require hacking/rooting (sorry, new with all this) to install? I don't want to void the phone's warranty or bring it to a point where I can not reset the phone back to factory setting. Thanks
  15. kkarlin

kkarlin Well-Known Member

@dctony2010 - no rooting or hacking required - just follow the directions. It is still in Beta, but appears pretty stable to me.

Kevin
  16. bangsters

bangsters Well-Known Member

this sux....i haven't downloaded it and beta is over :(
  17. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

Is it still available in the leaked version, as it says in the OP?
  18. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

have had swype for about a week now..

simply amazing and accurate!

though i cannot figure out how to add words.
  19. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

Yeah, I love it - to add words, you can just type them in like on a regular keyboard. Once you space or hit a punctuation mark, it will add it to the dictionary.
  20. nomadrider123

nomadrider123 Well-Known Member

I am getting faster with it too I just wished their was a stylus to use then I think I would be set. lol
  21. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Mine won't let me switch back to swype. It says trial period is over.
  22. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

You need to sign up at swype.com for the beta.is closed now but they will email you when its open again
  23. WurrzMiKey

WurrzMiKey Active Member

oh dang it's closed now? i only got it a couple days ago. swype is amazing, i kind of feel excited everytime i get to use it haha
  24. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

25. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

No surprise there - that's why we love it :D

Question: the Swype instructions/tips say that to remove a word from the dictionary, you double tap to highlight it and then tap the swype key - when I double tap, nothing happens. Am I missing something, or am I an idiot, or is this a known issue? One of the few things that bugs me about swype is when it puts some random sequence of letters in there - I really need to be able to delete stuff from the dictionary. I've tried reinstalling the beta, and I still can't double tap on a word. Thanks in advance!