Swype Keyboard for Behold 2

1. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Try long press on the word, choose select text, then press the swype key.
  2. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

Okay, here's what seems to work - long press after the word to delete, choose "select text" and you get a selection tool for the cursor, then you can slide it to select the word, then pressing the swype key pops up a dialogue asking if you want to delete the word from the dictionary. Seems to work fine, though it can be a little tricky selecting the word you want as you can only select in one direction - although you can also use the d-pad(?) to select. I was hoping that there was a way, double tapping or with a long press option, that it would automatically select the word. Thanks for the input - pun intended ;)

EDIT: After poking around on the Swype beta forums, I learned that you can only remove words from the dictionary that you have added yourself - this wasn't clear, and is why sometimes it seems not to work. So for instance, I will probably never use the word "erl", but it's in the dictionary to stay. Otherwise, the method above should work for any words you have added yourself.
  3. chadmd23

They do seem to read the boards over on the swype site, so you may want to post a suggestion.
  4. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

Good call, I should make a point of doing that - I think they're doing a great job with this so far ...
  5. boostedscooby

boostedscooby Well-Known Member

I used to dread having to text people with the samsung keyboard. I even tried better keyboard . Swype keyboard has been god send specially on the behold 2 . I was lucky to have jumped on the beta as soon as possible. It deserves to be on the top 5 best android apps and should be standard in 2.1 android and beyond. :cool: my iphone buddies dislike that my phone can do what their phone can't

Now all i need is 2.1 android on the behold 2 and i will be more than happy.
  6. Fishfan

Fishfan Well-Known Member

you can find the apk online if you missed the beta
  7. aamirsalim

aamirsalim Member

Oh k guys i'm kinda new at this so a little recap how to download APK.....
  8. Fishfan

Fishfan Well-Known Member

yeah I'm a week in too. But this one is easy. download the file, you'll have to hunt for the one that fits the behold or it'll say wrong screen size. then put it on your phone with the usb cable. Download AppInstaller form the market (free) and when you open it, till recognize the apk as an install file. From there the instructions are on the sites that have the file.
  9. dpshptl

dpshptl Well-Known Member

I have been looking all over for the swype app and cant find it. Does anyone know where I can get it from?
  10. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

Anyone needs swipe?? Look at the bottom.

Note: I will sometimes delay a few hours or a day because of my duties and responsibilities, but you can always count that I will respond.

I do not guarantee that I will be checking this post regular but please send the email and I will send it to you.

The Swype app I have provided was a trial that expired yesterday (20100514). Now if you all want to have a working Swype for BH2 (and I don't ensure that it will work on another platform, please refer to: http://androidforums.com/samsung-behold-2/78910-did-your-swype-expire.html
    goBeavs, grrrizo and skri11a like this.
  11. dreahdreah

dreahdreah Well-Known Member

i love swype, there have been times where i think i might have been totally off and the word comes up im like this is awesome,lol

question though..is there another way to space i thought i seen it on the tut but i cant seem to find it now, so im just hittin the space key, kinda slows things down just a bit.
  12. chadmd23

It automatically adds a space after each word. Or when you use a comma or period, you can just swype the space key after it.
  13. Calisto1224

Calisto1224 Member

:DThanks I really love this keyboard.!!!
  14. delusionaltool

delusionaltool Active Member

15. megabiteg

16. aamirsalim

aamirsalim Member

Thank you very much, mastermind
  17. WurrzMiKey

WurrzMiKey Active Member

hey megabiteg, just wondering... what version are you sending out?
  18. megabiteg

Version 1.16.12.5230.t Thats the last one I found for our type of phones that works great. Its multilangage.
  19. WurrzMiKey

WurrzMiKey Active Member

ohh okayy. that's the one i'm using now. i found out through my obsession of flashing that there's only a certain amount of times you can install the beta version haha
  20. megabiteg

Well that limit must be more than 50 because that's close to the amount of times i have installed my swype. lol
  21. WurrzMiKey

WurrzMiKey Active Member

loll more than 50? ok i know i didnt reinstall it that many times haha, sucks for me i guess
  22. chadmd23

I'm using 5228, but I found an English only version which saves a few megs if space is an issue for you. I think I found it on XDA.
  23. nomadrider123

nomadrider123 Well-Known Member

I was one that got their latest version before they closed it down. The one before expired and now I can't live without it :D
  24. sakura

sakura New Member

hi megabiteg, could u please send me swype apk to lilshimmaz@yahoo.com thank u. I got the wrong one error not for 32ox480
  25. drawoh

drawoh Active Member