Swype Keyboard on EVOSupport

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Juliansdad

Juliansdad Member This Topic's Starter

Swype Keyboard for Evo Installation Problem:

Installing Astro File Manager is easy. But when I'm attempting to download evo swype.apk, it doesn't work. I can open up Astro File manager to show my downloads, but only a .bin file that's 1.77 mb in size is being downloaded.

Do you have any ideas how to get past this so I can actually download the Swype keyboard onto my Evo?

Advertisement
  2. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Where are you downloading it from? Are you part of the official beta?

3. Juliansdad

Juliansdad Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded Swype from [URL removed].

I am not a part of the official beta. I learned about Swype from a buddy of mine that owns an Evo and recommended that I get Swype from 4shared.com. He couldn't help me with this problem which is why I posted it on the Android Forum.

Do you think I'll have better luck attempting to download Swpe from a different source? If yes, what site do you recommend?

4. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Sorry, downloading swype anywhere outside of the official beta for anyone except beta testers isn't supported here.

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

The only method allowed to be discussed on AF is from the official source of Swype | Text Input for Screens

Obtaining Swype through any other method is considered unauthorized distribution of copyright materials to which Swype has said:

Source = Swype Official Response to Downloadable Versions

Discussion of Swype obtained by a method other than the beta is NOT permitted on AF per Forum Rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.