Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support Swype Keyboard on EVO

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Juliansdad, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Juliansdad

Juliansdad Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Southern California
    Swype Keyboard for Evo Installation Problem:

Installing Astro File Manager is easy. But when I'm attempting to download evo swype.apk, it doesn't work. I can open up Astro File manager to show my downloads, but only a .bin file that's 1.77 mb in size is being downloaded.

Do you have any ideas how to get past this so I can actually download the Swype keyboard onto my Evo?

Advertisement

2. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Where are you downloading it from? Are you part of the official beta?

3. Juliansdad

Juliansdad Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Southern California
    I downloaded Swype from [URL removed].

I am not a part of the official beta. I learned about Swype from a buddy of mine that owns an Evo and recommended that I get Swype from 4shared.com. He couldn't help me with this problem which is why I posted it on the Android Forum.

Do you think I'll have better luck attempting to download Swpe from a different source? If yes, what site do you recommend?

4. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Sorry, downloading swype anywhere outside of the official beta for anyone except beta testers isn't supported here.

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice
    VIP Member

Nov 28, 2009
    The only method allowed to be discussed on AF is from the official source of Swype | Text Input for Screens

Obtaining Swype through any other method is considered unauthorized distribution of copyright materials to which Swype has said:

Source = Swype Official Response to Downloadable Versions

Discussion of Swype obtained by a method other than the beta is NOT permitted on AF per Forum Rules.

Tags: