1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Swype like app

Last Updated:

1. kyleboyer5

kyleboyer5 Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry guys, I know this is somewhere else but I have been searching for awhile now, what is the name of the app that is similar to swype? I thought it was shapewriter, but that doesn't bring anything up in the market or appbrain. What is the name, and is it worth it?
    Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

The name of it is SlideIt, try the demo before you buy thats all I can say, also you may want to go and sign up for when they release the swype beta that way you can try it as well.

Hope I helped,
    An UrgeTo Dance

kyleboyer5 likes this.
  3. sharkerbaby

sharkerbaby Well-Known Member

There is a shapewriter as well but they took it off the market. i can't remember why. I was lucky enough to get it before it disappeared and love it. I also signed up for the swype beta but don't have much hope of them opening it up again as I believe they are targeting the OEM market rather than the consumer market. I haven't heard much about slide it but believe it's similar.

4. kyleboyer5

kyleboyer5 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks I appreciate it. Hopefully it works well

5. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

I used slideit on my Evo and thought it was pretty good, my only complaints were that there were no arrow keys and to get to all the secondary stuff (ie. !-?'_") you had to hit a button instead of just being able to long press the key and it pop up with all the alternant stuff. I also used swype on my friends Captivate and my only complaint about it was that if you wanted to type instead of swype it was hard and I didn't really like the auto correct.