Swype - Menu you didn't seeTips

1. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

I posted this over on Evo thread and received great response, Just thought I'd share with Incredibles.

Hey -anyone using swype, you may not realize but there is a special menu, which you won't find if you're not looking for it or have not watched the video tutorials at Swype | Text Input for Screens

The special menu includes arrows, copy all, delete select and many more helpful keys. Access it by swyping from the Swype Key (Bottom Left) to the "SYM" key right next to it. To get back to regular keyboard, just press the ABC key.

Oh, while you're on the abc (default view) keyboard, swype from SYM key to 5/F key, nice little numeric layout for you.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

Cool beans. I did not know about this little treat.
  3. BuickGS67

BuickGS67 Well-Known Member

Great tip...thanks!
  4. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

directional arrows! i love swype! thanks a ton
  5. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

I've taken the tutorials for swype and still didn't know this (actually, it wasn't until the tutorials that I really started loving swype). THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been wanting arrow keys since day 1 in some keyboard. This really, really rocks.

Could you please post a link to the video(s)? Obviously the tutorial built into the phone isn't sufficient to get everything out of this keyboard.
  6. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

Also, you might repost over on the DX forums since it has swype preinstalled...
    TF1984 likes this.
  7. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

^Good point, Done.
  8. brianem

brianem Well-Known Member

that'll teach me to not read the tutorial! Fully awesome, thanks!
  9. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

You can get it also by hitting the sym button and then holding down the sym button. this way is faster though, thanks for the heads up
  10. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

The Swype tutorial doesn't even mention this feature. Really neat.
  11. oman321

oman321 Well-Known Member

TF1984 just wanna say thanks as I was thinking the only thing missing from swype is directional arrows and along there it was... Thanks for the heads up.
  12. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the thanks, though I should receive no credit. I stumbled upon this and thought it was DEFINITELY worth sharing. This is one tutorial you'd be sad you didn't watch.
  13. Chkultr

Chkultr Member

So where can I get SWYPE?
  14. dkaakd

dkaakd Member

My swype expired and hasn't worked for a month :(
  15. CKLewis

CKLewis Member

Anyone know how to get ' in swype?
  16. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Hold the key next to the spacebar. (to the right)

Or shift and the key next to the spacebar.

For words with ' in them just swype the key next to spacebar where ' should be.
    CKLewis likes this.
  17. CKLewis

CKLewis Member

wow, i feel like a ******... i have been using swype for a couple months and never noticed that there... thanks
  18. spence341

spence341 Well-Known Member

How about a Mic option. I read somwhere that there was a way to get the Mic to come up in the latest version.
  19. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member

the version with the mic expired 2 days ago unfortunately. I have the newest beta apk and unfortunately it still has no mic.
  20. Casbah

Casbah Well-Known Member

Newest version of swype apk (look at the tutorials by tapping the swype key) accesses the arrows and "editing keyboard" by swyping from swype key to sym key. Just found it.
  21. MizDanger911

MizDanger911 New Member

OMG, I'm new to Android and there are so many things I HATE about it LOL !!! I LOVE my Windows !!! One thing I really hate is the missing text navigation arrows. Trying to tap into the correct to fix an error is cumbersome and a PITA LOL !!! Thank you sooooooooooo much for the info on swype. I have had my tablet for about a month and hadn't bothered to find out what swype was. This is definitely the keyboard I will be using going foward because it has so much more to offer than the standard keyboard. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you soooo much :) :thumbup::dancing2: