• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype - Menu you didn't see

TF1984

Android Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2009
Southeast US
I posted this over on Evo thread and received great response, Just thought I'd share with Incredibles.

Hey -anyone using swype, you may not realize but there is a special menu, which you won't find if you're not looking for it or have not watched the video tutorials at Swype | Text Input for Screens

The special menu includes arrows, copy all, delete select and many more helpful keys. Access it by swyping from the Swype Key (Bottom Left) to the "SYM" key right next to it. To get back to regular keyboard, just press the ABC key.

Oh, while you're on the abc (default view) keyboard, swype from SYM key to 5/F key, nice little numeric layout for you.

When on the Symbol keyboard you can long press the ABC button to load a more traditional layout for the keypad. I like it much better than the default keypad. Anyone know how to make this the default when you press Sym?

IDK how to make it default. But if you swype from swype key to "f" key it pulls that same keyboard up.

Reactions: Helicrewchief
Upvote 0
I posted this over on Evo thread and received great response, Just thought I'd share with Incredibles.

Hey -anyone using swype, you may not realize but there is a special menu, which you won't find if you're not looking for it or have not watched the video tutorials at Swype | Text Input for Screens

The special menu includes arrows, copy all, delete select and many more helpful keys. Access it by swyping from the Swype Key (Bottom Left) to the "SYM" key right next to it. To get back to regular keyboard, just press the ABC key.

Oh, while you're on the abc (default view) keyboard, swype from SYM key to 5/F key, nice little numeric layout for you.

WOW CURSOR CONTROL KEYS !!!!! I've been wanting that on a keyboard since the first day I tried typing on an Android phone

THANK YOU

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones