Swype - Menu you didn't seeTips

Last Updated: 2013-02-06 17:41:07
  1. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

***Mods can move this to tips & tricks if necessary***

I posted this over on Evo thread and received great response, Just thought I'd share with Epics.

Hey -anyone using swype, you may not realize but there is a special menu, which you won't find if you're not looking for it or have not watched the video tutorials at Swype | Text Input for Screens

The special menu includes arrows, copy all, delete select and many more helpful keys. Access it by swyping from the Swype Key (Bottom Left) to the "SYM" key right next to it. To get back to regular keyboard, just press the ABC key.

Oh, while you're on the abc (default view) keyboard, swype from SYM key to 5/F key, nice little numeric layout for you.

Advertisement
  2. ImmortalAl

ImmortalAl New Member

3. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Yup - it's one of the totally cool, totally hidden Swype features...much like the secondary numerical keypad that you get by holding the Sym key when on the normal numerical keypad.
  4. dittok92

dittok92 Active Member

That's pretty nifty. :)
  5. marvinrock

marvinrock Well-Known Member

You just made my keyboard even more useless.
  6. Mr.Nobody

Mr.Nobody New Member

Exactly.

Thanks for the great tip.
  7. Blakely

Blakely New Member

Thank you!!!
  8. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Well-Known Member

This is awesome, thanks!
  9. Cadamus

Cadamus Active Member

Really nice! Just one question... What does the Cursor Jump button do?

Thanks!

AJ
  10. When you select "Cursor Jump" and then an arrow direction, it'll jump to the beginning or the end. It works like the "home" or "end" keys on a computer keyboard.
  11. MrsJennyK

MrsJennyK Well-Known Member

WOW! I'm new to the forum and just came across it. Love it! Thanks