Swype - Menu you didn't seeTips

1. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

***Mods can move this to tips & tricks if necessary***

I posted this over on Evo thread and received great response, Just thought I'd share with Vibrants.

Hey -anyone using swype, you may not realize but there is a special menu, which you won't find if you're not looking for it or have not watched the video tutorials at Swype | Text Input for Screens

The special menu includes arrows, copy all, delete select and many more helpful keys. Access it by swyping from the Swype Key (Bottom Left) to the "SYM" key right next to it. To get back to regular keyboard, just press the ABC key.

Oh, while you're on the abc (default view) keyboard, swype from SYM key to 5/F key, nice little numeric layout for you.

Advertisement
    :
    bluetwo, jgreetham, micanuck and 5 others like this.
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Oh hey...this is very cool. I had no idea. :eek:
  3. galaxyS

galaxyS Well-Known Member

i like the android keyboard better! :)
  4. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

WTF? Seriously? You hopped on a Swype help topic and the best thing you could think of is I like a different keyboard?

You're killing me troll. That's weak sauce brah.
  5. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Dude...chill. He wasn't attacking you, just stating his opinion. No reason to proclaim him a troll.
  6. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

I don't think he's attacking me either. It is a pointless post. That will be all.
  7. llblwskydrgn

llblwskydrgn Well-Known Member

Thanks! That's really cool! Do they have this on the other keyboards?
    I've been finding that I really need those d-pad arrows since I want to move to a particular space in the word....
  8. galaxyS

galaxyS Well-Known Member

should i click the thanks button for you being a retarrd?

you think im trolling ? are you that oblivious to even realize that your response to my post reeks of 'trolling'? or did you expect me to thank you and salute you for this old-non-special tips about swype? LOL..

:rolleyes:
  9. vamp6x6x6x

vamp6x6x6x Well-Known Member

I do use the android keyboard a lot only bc when I am feeling lazy I can use the mic to say what I want typed, but if I wanna send something me actually typing I use the swype keyboard.
  10. howetechnical

howetechnical Well-Known Member

Saw that menu when I was searching how to move the cursor back and forth through messages a month ago. It's pretty cool.
  11. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

That's how I found it as well. If I hadn't found a link to the tutorial about cursor, I would have NEVER watched a tutorial.
  12. Terrier Hockey

Terrier Hockey Well-Known Member

Another way to get the the numeric keypad view is to hit SYM then longpress the 123/ABC key. Although the Swype to 5 is a lot faster and easier. Thanks for the tip!
  13. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I did this once by mistake, but I couldn't do it again. Thank you.
  14. TF1984

TF1984 Well-Known Member

I think that's what prompted me to go to the site for the video tutorials... :)
  15. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Added to guide thread.
  16. Terrier Hockey

Terrier Hockey Well-Known Member

Did the Swype keyboard always have the speech to text button that's on the right of the spacebar, or is this a new addition in the recent OTA update? I don't remember it being there but maybe I just never noticed.
  17. vamp6x6x6x

vamp6x6x6x Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a new feature with the update.