1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Swype missing from keyboard after ICSSupport

1. Hello helpful Bionic community! This is my first post, but I've benefited many times from your great tips, so thank you!

So I did the ICS update two days ago. I was having battery and other issues, so I did the FDR yesterday and it worked great... EXCEPT, now Swype is missing from my keyboards in every app!

After the ICS update it worked better than ever, but when I did the FDR it went away and I can't even click on the box to enable swype. I took screenshots, but don't see how to attach a file here. So on the Language & input screen it says Google voice typing with a blue check next to it, then the next two boxes down (Motorola Input and Swype) are both checked but greyed out.

Swype does show as being installed on my phone still (V. 3.26392Q....)

Any advice on how to fix this would be great -- thank you in advance!

Advertisement
  2. lucky013

lucky013 Well-Known Member

Have you gone into your language and input/ keyboard settings and enabled Swype again?
  3. Thanks for the reply.

Yes. To add to my first post:
    "on the Language & input screen it says Google voice typing with a blue check next to it, then the next two boxes down (Motorola Input and Swype) are both checked but greyed out."

It won't let me check or un-check the greyed out checks on Swype or Motorola Input, and checking of unchecking the Google voice typing box makes no difference. I've powered the phone down and back on a few times, too -- no dice.

Thanks for any thoughts.
  4. jimvit1

jimvit1 Active Member

uncheck the google voice /type then try it.
  5. manderle

manderle Well-Known Member

The setting above it that says Default, click it and you should be able to set which keyboard you want
    DroidBionic123 likes this.
  6. Satires

Satires Well-Known Member

I don't know if this means anything. On the unactivated bionic, I ran a speed test for the network and it's darn good consistently! That tells me the connection has the speed. I wonder if it's a browser thing.
  7. lucky013

lucky013 Well-Known Member

If you can't switch to. Default I would un install. Swype go back to. Default ans reinstall.
  8. That did it - THANK YOU SO MUCH! (That was driving me crazy.)