Swype no longer working

Last Updated:

1. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sorry if this has been discussed... my search did not find anything. I installed Swype beta on my Droid during the recent beta invitation, and it suddenly got to the point where it just won't function at all beyond swyping one word. Then it locks up.

Although this has happened since intalling GDE Home, Swype still locks up when used with GDE closed and running the default home. In general, GDE seems to slow my Droid, but I can't find an explanation for Swype not working. The android keyboard works well in its own right with GDE, but of course it sucks when you're used to Swyping. I'm out of ideas! :(

Advertisement
  2. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay... well I installed Swype and reinstalled it again, and it is working now just fine - but this is the second time I've had to do this when Swype stopped working. I would very much like to solve the problem, unless its just a Swype problem I can't do anything about. Anyone else experiencing this?

3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

No probs with the official beta of Swipe on my stock Moto Droid, not running any home apps.

4. Flahusky

Flahusky Well-Known Member

+1

5. gadzooks

gadzooks Well-Known Member

Mine has done similarly a few times. What's fixed it for me is toggling between stock & Swype keyboards, like I often have to do following power cycle. Can be done via long press in text input area & also in Settings.

MrJabber likes this.
  6. DeeMat

DeeMat Active Member

Same here. However, I later installed version 5612 and have had no lockups whatsoever.

7. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

This is the current "fix" for the issue of Swype not working after a reboot/battery pull.

8. MrJabber

MrJabber Member

Thanks, I have had this problem and previously uninstalled and reinstalled to fix it. However, switching input methods as described here works like a charm!