Swype not installing on EVO 0.3 - any ideas why?

Last Updated:

1. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

EDIT: On FRESH 0.3 - FRESH 0.3. I have no idea why I wrote EVO in the title. Oh well.

It gives me the error message "Application Not Installed." Normally, this is because a prior version is installed, but I have no prior version of Swype.

Is this just a limitation of the Rom?

Thanks for any input.

Advertisement
  2. scott314

scott314 Member

It is running fine for me under Fresh 0.3. I originally installed it under 0.2 and then upgraded to 0.3 if that makes any difference.

3. Sprockethead

Bah!

4. mrk

mrk Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me. But I did have it installed before, and I believe that to have been causing problems. Oh well, I'm using HTC_IME_mod now and I'm a better touch typer than I am swyper, I think.

5. Jgrand03

Jgrand03 Well-Known Member

I just upgraded to fresh .3, and installed swype just fine. It's working perfectly fine. Make sure you have the right .apk

maybe try doing a system and cache wipe do a fresh install of fresh (haha) and then try it if your adamant about getting swype

6. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

I had the same experience. I wiped everything before switching from DC30 to Fresh03, and I assumed it was gone, but I received the 'already installed' response when I tried to run the installer app. Check Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage applications and look for it in the list. I found it in there and uninstalled, and I was then able to successfully run Swype Installer. I don't remember if I checked for it in Titanium or ASTRO, I just went looking for it through the menus. I suggest you look for it via one or all of those methods. Good luck.

7. Sprockethead

I finally got it installed. I had some major problems with the phone, and this was likely related to that. I had to do a bunch of wacky stuff in adb to get the phone to recognize sd card and usb. After that it installed.

8. Liledgewood2002

Liledgewood2002 New Member

Simply go to market 4 android.com go to top right hand corner then type in how to make swype for evo click enter then on the next page look for two downloads me personally I have the green version installed