Swype Not Working On NonSensikal

Last Updated:

1. tr11

tr11 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Trying out NonSensikal since last night, but when I try to load the Swype installer I get a notice on the Swype beta site that my phone is not an Android phone. Anybody else seen this problem?

Advertisement
  2. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

You may need a new swype, I am using this one. The link is just a joke cause it's fun, but it should get you where you need to be to get a working swype. http://tinyurl.com/2dqghz2

p.s. you may need to try a few to get one that works on your phone.

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Same problem here. Swype worked on the previous versions of Nonsensikal, but sense I went to v10.whatever it's quit working. I've tried downloading a new installed, but that doesn't change anything. So now I'm trying Slide-It and Shapewriter.

4. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Well-Known Member

5. kobel1up

I'm on v10.8 blue and black and swype works just fine for me. I don't have any problems when I'm using XtrRom 4.6.5 either.

6. tr11

Maybe it's an issue with the Vanilla. I'll try the blue black and see if that works.

7. Podivin

I just upgraded from Vanilla 10.8 to black&blue 10.8.1. Reinstalled Swype, it still does not work correctly. I can 'tap', but can't 'swipe'.

8. kobel1up

You aren't getting a notice that your swype beta has ended. I guess if you did you would have stated that. Not sure what to tell you on the swype thing. Maybe its the version of swype, or you could try turning Jit off, I turned mine off when I installed the rom, before I installed swype. It's worth a shot.

9. Podivin

Correct, my beta is up to date, and I always run with JIT off.

Just for fun (and because I'd been thinking about trying something new anyway) I flashed the FloShedYo v4.0 ROM (also a 2.2 ROM). I did the same steps as I did on Nonsensikal to reinstall Swype, it's working fine. That can only lead me to assume that it's something specific about v10.x of Nonsensikal that prevents Swype from working correctly.

10. mrhomiec

mrhomiec Well-Known Member

i'm running 9.0 vanilla, and it semi-works. so it could back this far too.

11. kobel1up

Still running v.10.8 black and blue and swype has been very stable, works every time. Could be our versions of swype, mines not what you say...official.

12. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

I have never been able to get the official version of swype to work on nonsensikal for me, regardless of the rom version. I have gone thru every step possible with swypes technical support personnel and I get the same error every time. "swype is already installed on your phone" even tho I know its not. all I get from tech support is that "this is a known issue with swype and has no known workaround at this time".

as far as I'm concerned no app should give me this much trouble thru its installer. basically I run unofficial versions whenever a new beta comes out. I have given the official version enough opportunities to work that I will just run hacked copies from now on, it aint worth the hassle.

a simple google search for swype 2.10 hvga will produce the latest beta version.

as a side note, v12.5 and the new swype run great. everything about Nonsensikal v12 is awesome and smooth.

13. tr11

I'm on v10.8. Where can I get v12?

14. Podivin

15. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

I have the official beta and it works just fine with CELB 3.6. It's a great ROM.

16. dgruetter

dgruetter Well-Known Member

Works for me and I am using NonSensikal. I do have it occasionally make that clangy sound (the one where it will swype a pattern but not type anything). Last time it happened I went back to the website and downloaded the installer and installed swype again.