• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Swype Not Working On NonSensikal

I just upgraded from Vanilla 10.8 to black&blue 10.8.1. Reinstalled Swype, it still does not work correctly. I can 'tap', but can't 'swipe'.

You aren't getting a notice that your swype beta has ended. I guess if you did you would have stated that. Not sure what to tell you on the swype thing. Maybe its the version of swype, or you could try turning Jit off, I turned mine off when I installed the rom, before I installed swype. It's worth a shot.

Upvote 0
You aren't getting a notice that your swype beta has ended. I guess if you did you would have stated that. Not sure what to tell you on the swype thing. Maybe its the version of swype, or you could try turning Jit off, I turned mine off when I installed the rom, before I installed swype. It's worth a shot.

Correct, my beta is up to date, and I always run with JIT off.

Just for fun (and because I'd been thinking about trying something new anyway) I flashed the FloShedYo v4.0 ROM (also a 2.2 ROM). I did the same steps as I did on Nonsensikal to reinstall Swype, it's working fine. That can only lead me to assume that it's something specific about v10.x of Nonsensikal that prevents Swype from working correctly.

Upvote 0
I have never been able to get the official version of swype to work on nonsensikal for me, regardless of the rom version. I have gone thru every step possible with swypes technical support personnel and I get the same error every time. "swype is already installed on your phone" even tho I know its not. all I get from tech support is that "this is a known issue with swype and has no known workaround at this time".

as far as I'm concerned no app should give me this much trouble thru its installer. basically I run unofficial versions whenever a new beta comes out. I have given the official version enough opportunities to work that I will just run hacked copies from now on, it aint worth the hassle.

a simple google search for swype 2.10 hvga will produce the latest beta version.

as a side note, v12.5 and the new swype run great. everything about Nonsensikal v12 is awesome and smooth.

Upvote 0
Correct, my beta is up to date, and I always run with JIT off.

Just for fun (and because I'd been thinking about trying something new anyway) I flashed the FloShedYo v4.0 ROM (also a 2.2 ROM). I did the same steps as I did on Nonsensikal to reinstall Swype, it's working fine. That can only lead me to assume that it's something specific about v10.x of Nonsensikal that prevents Swype from working correctly.

I have the official beta and it works just fine with CELB 3.6. It's a great ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones