• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CoyotesFan4Evr

Android Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2011
Phoenix
So, I just got my Razr M today from FedEx and I've been playing around with it and it's pretty cool so far. I'm still trying to get all my apps on this phone so I can really see what it does once I'm set up. First impressions are good minus it being smaller overall in size compared to my Bionic.

So my issue is this, I turned on Swype and have since turned off and turned back on my phone but to no avail it won't activate. Now I'm using GoSMS Pro because I love it and it's the best one out there that allows customization in my opinion. So what am I not doing or what am I doing wrong on this so that I can use Swype?

As silly as it may sound, I will go back to my Bionic if Swype doesn't work on this phone. I love Swype and I don't want to use a different keyboard just to be able to use Swype. In advance thanks for the help!!

Once you set it for use in settings you have to do one more thing. It's kinda goofy you have to do this but, open up a text message and look at your notification bar. You will see a keyboard symbol. Open that and choose Swype. You are now ready to use it.
The only benefit of this I see is being able to switch back and forth easily but how many times do you really do that?

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
Once you set it for use in settings you have to do one more thing. It's kinda goofy you have to do this but, open up a text message and look at your notification bar. You will see a keyboard symbol. Open that and choose Swype. You are now ready to use it.
The only benefit of this I see is being able to switch back and forth easily but how many times do you really do that?
Thanks so much. I just switched from Bionic to Razr M yesterday, because my Bionic started lagging terribly. Having a very frustrating day already and not being able to use the Swype was making it worse! Now if I could just get the good ringtones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones