• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Swype now officially available on Android as a Beta

Just got new att nexus one I have my email for the beta but when i try to install beta a get error message "The ID of this phone does not match your registration at beta.swype.com" I previously had it working on my other N1 (T-Mobile version) how can I change it if I can.

Dont even worry about the beta. Go here...

Swype beta closed? Official beta APK in here!!! - xda-developers

Grab that apk, and use Astro or something similar to install it and you are good to go. As a bonus, you dont even have the issue of it not working when you restart your phone! I installed from the apk today and it works wonderfully.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Dont even worry about the beta. Go here...

Swype beta closed? Official beta APK in here!!! - xda-developers

Grab that apk, and use Astro or something similar to install it and you are good to go. As a bonus, you dont even have the issue of it not working when you restart your phone! I installed from the apk today and it works wonderfully.

I have been using this for a few days now and I think it is great, but the pop up about it being the wrong screen size is extremely annoying.. it works great in portrait view and I don't want to use it in landscape view, I wish I could disable the error message!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones