Swype on droid

Last Updated:

1. natef50

natef50 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey is there anyway i could get swype for my droid??? and how do i do it

Advertisement
  2. Chugworth

Chugworth Well-Known Member

Well they had a public beta, but it's closed now. It would be nice if they'd start selling it in the market, but there's no telling when that will happen. They're more focused on licensing it to manufacturers on new phones.

3. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

used to be able to get it through rom manager, under JRummy's Goodies, have a look there.

4. asilver

asilver Well-Known Member

search the web, it's pretty easy to find someone who's uploaded it, then just download it put it on the phone use astro to find it on the sd card and install it.

that's what I did on the 2nd beta release....I think this is their 3rd....by the time they released the June version I was on the list so I got an email on the download of the new version.

when you l0se swype, it's like you lost a puppy....search web for the correct version you will find it.

5. blubill

blubill Well-Known Member

Just register for the Beta and they will email you eventually.

6. mrsci

mrsci New Member

I have searched the web for a download, but I cannot seem to find it. What would I search for?

7. chadwick108

chadwick108 Well-Known Member

You must go to swype.com and register there is no other way to get the link with a program that will work without doing it that way.

Posted from droid running froyo2.2 overclocked to 1.1 ghz

8. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

Could anybody who downloaded it during the beta please email it to me, pm me if you can please.

9. crowell392

crowell392 Active Member

it seems that i have reached a max on how many times i can download swype ,while trying out different ROMS ,so im looking for an alternative

10. Ru83n

Ru83n Well-Known Member

there is no way of sharing the swype beta because it gives u a swype dowloader that u have to log into then it downloads the actual apk and it ties to your account.

but before i had a swype account there was always apks out there just google search for latest swype apk

11. mrjerryk

mrjerryk Well-Known Member

I tried to install it on my droid. After I enabled it in the settings it would not work. It would only beep at me.

12. Ru83n

Ru83n Well-Known Member

that means u have a outdated version.

13. mrjerryk

mrjerryk Well-Known Member

Where can I find the latest version? I have searched for it on google a ton of times.

14. Ru83n

Ru83n Well-Known Member

the one that gets installed from sype beta is 1.56.30.7625

15. asilver

asilver Well-Known Member

I googled "swype beta is 1.56.30.7625 download" then the 4th one down is a link to a download.....really easy to find several ones to download.

obviously download at your own risk as anyone could post up a virus..and No I have no idea if that one is legit or a virus, do it at your own risk.

16. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

you can e-mail swipe and they will reset ya n let you get more downloads. I've done this before.

17. gBandid0

gBandid0 New Member

Searching for that .apk work for me. I found the file, installed it, and it works great. :D

18. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Hey does anyone have any knowledge of the latest version of swype for droid?

19. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

20. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

The beta is closed right now so it wont do any good at this point...

21. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Technically, it doesn't hurt. The dev's send out emails to those who sign up for the beta when it is available again. Therefore, signing up for it now could prove to be a good thing so he doesn't loose out next time.

Kratos

22. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Also here's a really off-the-wall thought..... maybe actually contributing feedback to a beta test rather than simply pirating the app will help the developers bring it to market that bit quicker. :rolleyes:

Once again, Swype is copyrighted and not freely distributable. Requests for and/or links to it are prohibited by the Forum Rules (see "Linking to pirated/illegal software")

23. AutoShadow

AutoShadow Well-Known Member

I love Swype, it makes typing so much faster. I would definitely pay for it, but I had to force a download since I wasn't able to obtain a beta invite even though I applied for it a month+ ago. Any news on when the beta will reopen or when the actual product will be pushed to the Android Market?

24. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Swype already signed their product into contract and the developers/owners are no doubt making boat loads of money.
    If they had made it available as a paid app instead of an ongoing "BETA" project, I would gladly have bought it but I hardly feel I've been "pirating" Swype.
    -Meanwhile, this behemoth forum is chock full of nasty adware that hijacks my browser (and others') with every other page click. I don't see any mod or admin adding their opinion to those requests made by myself & others to look into it.
    Funny how that Money-Go-Round works on the Internet.

25. Tugdaturtle

Tugdaturtle Well-Known Member

i have Swpye for my driod but i got it off a site were it is cracked so umm yeah once its available i am going buy it if they ever release it _-_. Btw Swpye is really easy and fast i like it better then punching one letter at a time !!! :p

P.S I would love to give you the link but i can't sorry against the rules!