Swype on Evo Problem + Internal Memory Issues

Last Updated:

1. music_pharoah

music_pharoah Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Swype beta for android installed on my phone and I am only having one problem - double tapping in the word window.

I know if you misspell a word you should be able to double tap it in the window after the fact and it should bring up the word choice window for you to choose. However, with Swype on my Evo, all it does it highlight the word and I cannot change the word, is anyone else having this issue?

My other question is about internal memory. My phone has been dropping MB of internal storage like a bad habbit. I went from 400 to 320 in a matter of a few days and have not installed or saved anything outside of my sd card. Why is this happening? and what happens if that memory reaches 200...100...or even 0?

Advertisement
  2. rangergrrl

rangergrrl Well-Known Member

Double tapping does not work for me either...remember Swype is in BETA! As for the memory mine only had 290 avail and that was right outta the box with stock software.

3. 4Gz

4Gz New Member

Double tapping thing happens to me also, it just highlights the word.

4. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

Download Quick App Clean Cache. This will get some of your memory back. Sorry no answer for Swype. I don't use it. Stock Keyboard works fine for me.

5. ep3n3wp

ep3n3wp Well-Known Member

If you tap the word once it should high light the word
    Then press the swype info button in left corner and it
    Should bring up the word box

Also if you are on the internet a lot clear the browser
    Cache and also youtube cache

Go too settings, applications, manage applications,
    Then select internet, clear cache

Also try clearing browser history
    Try restarting phone alway once a week also

Hope that helped.

6. Liledgewood2002

Liledgewood2002 New Member

This is not the apk only a"step"in the right direction. Go to market 4 android.com look at top right hand corner type in how to make swype for evo in the search forum box then click enter look towards mid left corner of the screen for two options one for green and other for red swype download file and there you have it swype for evo for questions inbox me smith_jr_robert@yahoo.com