Swype on froyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. Flavy

Flavy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else having swype issues on froyo? I can type like a regular keyboard, but the swype motion no longer works.

Advertisement
  2. ikenny

ikenny Active Member

works for me. i had to re-enable it once i got froyo. maybe try uninstalling it and reinstalling. what version of swype of you running?

3. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

I went back out to the beta site and re downloaded it.

Seems to be working fine for me..

4. plim

plim Well-Known Member

Remillard likes this.
  5. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Edit: Oops, nevermind. I am used to my Droid so I didn't see the alternate way of selecting an input method. My bad.

6. taylor6400

taylor6400 Well-Known Member

Yeah, i couldnt swype after the update. Uninstalled and then reinstalled...works fine.

7. Flavy

Flavy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, that fixed it.

8. CramRazz

CramRazz Guest

Where can we get Swype? :confused:

9. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

necosino likes this.
  10. Brennschluss

Brennschluss Member

I've removed and re-installed three times and still can't get the Swype Beta to even appear on my Droid Incredible after my Froyo update. First I had Swype working happily before the update and then it was no longer the kbd after the update. I went to use it again by going to the menu and choosing lnaguage and keyboard. It seems to say that Swype is on the phone but no Swype kbd opens up! I clean everything and tried again multiple times, re-downloading, reinstalling and still no joy. Any ideas?

11. Skorpios1027

Skorpios1027 Frell me dead VIP Member

You still have to select it by a long press in a text entry field, then press Input method and select swype.

Brennschluss likes this.
  12. phi11y2

phi11y2 Member

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling sywpe but the damn installation keeps failing. A box pops up saying something phone id does match registered device at beta.swype. WTF? I've tried rebooting a few times after uninstalling everything but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas to fix this? or any recommendations for another keyboard to try? Hate the stock one.

Thanks

13. Brennschluss

Brennschluss Member

Took me quite a while to figure out that I just needed to follow your directions. Thanks.

14. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I uninstalled/re-installed per the instructions on the Swype forum. Everything worked beautifully until I rebooted. Then it stopped working again.

15. Brennschluss

Brennschluss Member

I liked having the alternative of hitting the Google voice input option on the std kbd. Am I missing something on Swype, since I can't seem to find a voice input key. Of course given that it took me two days to follow some clear instructions on activating Swype, I could be missing a tusk and not know it!

16. Skorpios1027

Happens to me every reboot also. Just switch back to touch input then back to swype, it'll come back.

Politik likes this.
  17. Skorpios1027

The beta does not have the voice input option at this time:(, they say they are working on it though.

18. Skorpios1027

I've heard that some people like swiftkey but have not used it so can't comment on it.

I had this issue after flashing a custom ROM - it was due to my MEID not showing up. Are you stock ROM?

This is from the Swype Beta FAQ

Advanced: I receive one of the following errors when I try to install Swype:
    • Registration of the License Failed
    • Swype is already installed. Please uninstall Swype and try again.
    • Swype is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality.
    • You do not have the necessary permissions to install Swype or
    • The ID of this of this phone does not match your registration at beta.swype.com

These errors are often shown when the Swype installer is terminated prematurely by the Android OS system activity manager as it tries to reclaim resources. Regardless of the cause, these steps should resolve the issue:
    • Uninstall both Swype and SwypeInstaller from your device - detailed directions here
    • Reboot your device
    • Close as many widgets from your desktop as possible
    • Download the SwypeInstaller
    • Use a task-manager to kill all non-essential running apps
      (If you are not familiar with the task-manager, you can skip this, but you may see the error again)
    • Install and run the SwypeInstaller
    If this doesn't work for you, please download the app SendLog from the Android Market and repeat the install process. If you receive the error, immediately open SendLog, select Time, and when prompted for an email address put androidbeta@swype.com. Then send us an email at the same address telling us about the problem and that you've sent us your logs. We'll look at them and let you know when we have more information.

19. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

This works for me until I reboot the phone, they I must go through all these steps again. Any suggestions?

Thanks

20. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

Add me to the group.

21. rt2

rt2 Active Member

Anyone else have this problem w/ Swype after updating to FroYo?

Upon re-boot, more times than not I loose the ability to "swype" the keyboard. Inputing individual keys continues to work.

To get the "swype" function back either I have to re-boot my Dinc or press input, select the stock android keyboard, type a few letters then select the Swype keyboard and everything is working again.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem and if they have been able to resolve it. I have re-downloaded the Swype installer a twice but the problem always returns.

22. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Not happening here. have you tried another version. There are several option at XDA. Once includes a mic and is what I use with 2.2.

23. dspcap

dspcap Well-Known Member

Right after loading 2.2, I went to Swype's website and sent myself the newest version that is supposed to work with Froyo. After a few days, I have had it stop working twice. I'll check out what they have at XDA.

24. rt2

rt2 Active Member

I just looked at xda.

Seems like they are using the same one that I downloaded yesterday, which is supposedly the most current: 1.56.30.7625.t100.

25. zulucap

zulucap Well-Known Member

I have been having this same problem. Have not found a solution yet.