Swype on Froyo...Support

Last Updated:

1. journeyfanatic17

journeyfanatic17 New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if someone has already asked this, but I didn't see the thread. Is there any way to go back to the swype version that was on DX 2.1?? While I don't hate the new version that came with 2.2, I prefer the old one. Can anyone help?? Does anyone know what the version # is of the stock swype keyboard on DX with 2.1? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. Growler48

Growler48 Well-Known Member

3. dookie1

dookie1 Well-Known Member

other than the keyboard color, what's the difference?

4. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

I turned the vibration off and it seems so much better. I don't see much difference with Froyo either.

5. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

I saw while lookig for the 2.1 multitouch, that id you download the systemapp.file you could just install the 2.1 api for swype. Should work?
    Now where to get multitouch keyboard from 2.1...

6. Growler48

Growler48 Well-Known Member

Do you have to be rooted to do this? If not, and you find out how to do so, please post some detailed instructions.

7. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

ok so some updates - uninstalled multitouch 2.2, installed ported 2.1, didnt work out so well - worked, but the letters on the keys were to small
    trying to get back to the stock 2.2 MT, I realzed that 2.2 has entire set of Odex files for the system that are NOT in the system app folder for 2.1 (at least that was contained in the RAR file i found of both file systems.
    I am still struggling with my uninstall of the 2.2 keyboard so i would recommend NOT uninstalling it at least.

8. swtex

swtex Active Member

Definite difference for the worse in the updated Swype. Now the errors are neve r end ingv

9. bbuck002

bbuck002 Well-Known Member

don't forget that swype is pretty much still in beta...it's still not in the market and is only available preloaded on some phones...it will get better.