Swype on i7500 1.6

Last Updated:

1. berbatov

berbatov New Member This Topic's Starter

does swype work on i7500 ...I am using 1.6 and tried a lot of versions of swype ....cant get it working ....plz help ?

Advertisement
  2. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member

I've never used swype, but a lot on this forum have reported it as a good utility. That said, are you able to install it?

Also, after installing it, I think, when you want to enter something, you need to hold your finger down on the text box. After a few seconds, a dialog should come up, asking which keyboard you want to use.

-chronodekar

3. Harmani

Harmani Member

Swype works great on Galaxy! But you need to sign up as beta-tester to obtain it the official way.

I tried it before, but the official version does not support the dutch language, which I needed. I searched the internet for a version that did support it. I found it on rapidshare and it worked for about 3 weeks, but now it says trial period is over. Didn't find a new working version yet :(.

4. berbatov

berbatov New Member This Topic's Starter

I installed swype version 1.6 - HVGA , WVGA , WVGA854 ....all of them were installed without a problem ...but dint work ven I tried using them ....I got a force close .....
    so I just wanted to ask which swype version works with galaxy i7500 v1.6

5. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Latest version is fine here, stock 1.6.

6. mobile_midget

mobile_midget Member

So I have installed the swype app as described in the instructions from the link proivided, however when i try to use it it comes up with an error message saying

The swype package you installed does not match the screen size of the device. Please contact Swype about this issue. Screen size:480x320.

Im running Galaxo on my i7500.

Thanks

7. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

"Please contact Swype about this issue."

8. gghose

gghose Member

Yes, it works great. (Search for swapping and swype on this forum).

The key is memory limitations. You need to have swapping working (either through a swap partition or a swap file like Swapper 2 uses), for the installer to complete successfully. (This is assuming that you're on the beta program and have been able to download the installer).

9. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Guys, don't forget that sharing the Swype apk is against the rules. Asking for it pretty much is the same thing.

I'd hate to give infractions in my "home" forum. :eek: