Swype on LG Thrill...got it!Support

Last Updated:

1. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Been using it and works just as good as the original one did on my Samsung Captivate

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. bigscrb15

bigscrb15 Member

Is this just a simple download? I am new to the whole android scene... Is rooting like jailbreaking my iPhone? I hate learning new programming and hacking stuff
  3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Rooting is somewhat like jailbreaking. It let's I use custom roms and delete bloatware
  4. tmoca

tmoca Member

Where did u get swype for this?
  5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

U have to create an account to get it (simple email and password) and you'll have it. Pm me your email address. Sywpe is a pretty cool android feature:

Swype Tutorial Android - YouTube
    bigscrb15 likes this.
  6. OceanHaze627

OceanHaze627 Member

I'll be completely honest, Swype is one of the biggest reasons why I wanted to get an android phone. Just being able to swipe ("swype"?) my ONE finger across the letters instead of typing them one by one with both hands and taking forever was a big selling point and part of the reason why I was getting tired of entering any kind of text on my old iPhone. I used it on my gf's old phone a lot and I fell in love; and of course, got it the first day I got my LG Thrill.

Sure, I don't use it all the time, but the fact that the option there is wondrous.
  7. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

it comes in real handy when your texting and driving. although i shouldn't be diong that.
  8. bigscrb15

bigscrb15 Member

Anyone else has a problem using swype with the email client? It doesnt work with it. When ever I want to write an email I have to use the regular keyboard.
  9. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

No issues with gmail.
  10. bluebutterfly

bluebutterfly New Member

could you please help me get this. I was kinda sad it wasn't on my phone. Thanks
  11. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

PM me your email address.
  12. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Bluebutterly. Check your email.
  13. Keith134

Keith134 Member

how did you get the battery % on the top bar and also how do you get swype cant find it on my phone or on the market place
  14. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

battery percentage is batteryminder from the market. Swype is not in the market.
  15. bigscrb15

bigscrb15 Member

barrettjet likes this.
  16. nribak

nribak New Member

17. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

18. nribak

nribak New Member

what link?
  19. nribak

nribak New Member

got it thanks!
  20. barrettjet

barrettjet Member

Me too, (got-it) Thanks. I can see where it will be great for the virtual keyboard. Is it available for the iPhonies?
  21. WickR1

WickR1 Active Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but do you need to root the phone in order for this to install? Thanks.
  22. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Nope. But I found that ice cream sandwich keyboard from the market place is pretty good. Closes thing I can find to accuracy like the iphony.
  23. Princessjess21

Princessjess21 New Member

Can you pleassse help me too? My e-mail is Princessjess21@gmail.com. I know that has got to be getting old, but I appreciate it.