SWYPE on my unrooted Aria!

1. s919rider

s919rider Member

Advertisement
  2. Droidized

Droidized Well-Known Member

Thanks S919Rider. In case you need to install other apps through "sideloading"; it might be easier to use the free Sideloading Wonder Machine program or install a copy of HTC Sync 3.0.5372 for Aria.

Cheers.
  3. Mythic

Mythic Well-Known Member

if you install HTC sync 3.0 it will give a pop up to update to a new version DON'T.... the new update disables side loading functionality...just found that out today....if you do, just uninstall and install again but don't update...it still works perfect...
  4. s919rider

s919rider Member

I did update (as prompted) prior to attempting to side load Swype. Was able to connect to the Aria to the updated HTC Sync, v3.0.5387 without any issue. I did hear that AT&T was going back and forth with HTC Sync and side loading, etc. Worked for me after the update though.....
  5. AndrewAmazed

AndrewAmazed Active Member

yea I sideloaded swype onto my phone but I don't necessarily like it all that much...
    Not sure if I have the latest version and all that though.
  6. Mythic

Mythic Well-Known Member

how were you able to side load after the update...after i update there is no are,button,tab or anything to allow this
  7. s919rider

s919rider Member

Mythic

I used the technique per the link I originally provided. The HTC Sync is only used to establish a connection to your PC. Everything after that is a command through the DOS prompt.

If I could install from that link I am hoping others can as well. I have zero programming experience.

Good luck.
  8. Mythic

Mythic Well-Known Member

oh ok...yeah i have done the sdk method many times...i just liked the built in app installer that HTC Sync 3.0 had...