Swype problems

Last Updated:

1. reidbo

reidbo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the official beta swype and love it. However every couple weeks I lose the ability to swype and have to reload the program. Have I done something wrong or are others experiencing this? ​

Advertisement
  2. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

i had my beta expire once or twice, but dled it from the beta website via my signup info and havent had a problem since

3. kino

kino Member

i seem to have this problem too. sometimes, i try to swype something, but the swype keyboard kinda flashes (the outline of the keyboard flashes) and no word appears. i then have to change the input method to something else and then change it back to swype in order for it to work again.

4. reidbo

reidbo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, I did the change input thing and that worked. Really was getting sick and tired of dling all the time.

5. scrubs

scrubs Well-Known Member

Pretty much every time I reboot my phone I have to fiddle with swype to get it working again. Sometimes the change input thing works, but more often than not, I have to reinstall the beta. It is quite frustrating.

6. dbareis

dbareis Member

It fails for me also, this only started a couple of weeks ago, kill swype and it works again.

Sometimes it seems to do everything (see buttons pressed, swipe trail etc) but nothing appears in entry field and at other times buttons completely unresponsive. On Motorola Milestone v2.1.

7. alexlevart

alexlevart New Member

I downloaded swype, put my details in and a screen came up saying loading. It's been loading now for over an hour, it's not frozen because the circle keeps moving round. I pressed home and clicked on the swype app again and the loading just comes back... anyone know what's going on?