Swype problems

1. dberthia

dberthia Well-Known Member

I rooted my Bionic, removed the stock version of Swype using TBU, and installed the latest beta version. This all works great until I reboot the phone, then I get constant Swype force closes. If I uninstall and reinstall Swype, it works fine again until I reboot, then I see the problems again.

Any suggestions as to how I can break out of this cycle and have Swype work properly after a reboot?

Advertisement
  2. Groid

Groid Well-Known Member

Search the Motorola Droid Bionic thread (parent to this one) for 'ATTN: Swype Lovers' by Messenger13, last post on Sept 13. There are detailed instructions.
  3. dberthia

dberthia Well-Known Member

Thanks for that link. Starting there, I eventually found the solution on Swype's forum. For posterity, here it is:
    hunterwrot, messenger13 and johnlgalt like this.
  4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Glad you got it sorted out. The pre-loaded version was fairly lame if you're used to the "real" version.
    hunterwrot likes this.
  5. hunterwrot

hunterwrot Well-Known Member

I am so lost. The problem is i read that original post and it did not work the first time so i think i messed up. What version is the beta version of swype i get confused on tibu now. I promise i am not an idiot i just got exited about better swype and kind of rushed it.
    Edit: I figured it out. I just retraced my steps and it works. I love the new version already.